Missouri gun shop refuses to sell to Biden supporters.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Wouldn't the opposite also be true? That you're assuming they're buying guns for the wrong reasons?

There were more than 6 million new gun owners in 2020. At least 40% of those are women. Somehow I doubt every one of them is a member of Antifa.
    Most people I know who voted for Biden don't want to be anywhere near a gun; however, there is another percentage of people I know who voted Biden that legitimately believe Biden won't attempt to enact gun control, despite there being an entire page about it on his website. I don't get it, but they seem to truly believe it for some reason.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Wasn't saying they were. Perhaps I'm a bit more skeptical than you are.
    I think you're skepticism is warranted, and I totally get the sentiment, but I think there is common ground to be found. Maybe it's because I used to be much more left with my politics. I only started getting more conservative in my beliefs and political positions after I became a gun owner. I saw all of the lies I had been told about gun owners, gun ownership and stats about gun control. Once I realized how blatantly democrats were lying to me about guns, I started thinking much more critically about all of my positions.

That could not have happened if people more experienced in the firearms world had just screamed, "**** you! You voted for Obama, you don't deserve to own guns."

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Reminds me of a time when I showed at a rifle match with a loaner car...with an obummer bumper sticker.
    Seriously, unless they go into the shop wearing biden swag or talking left wing politics, how does anyone know who they voted for--disc earings and a man-bun?
    McGrease is right that trying to have a discussion about the 2A and history of "gun control" ought to be tried first because it's almost certain all they've ever heard is anti gun propaganda. A noisy fudd blowing gas about supporting the 2A while saying there's no legitimate reason for us to have evil boogey man guns deserves to be shown the door

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That’s their right.
    Yes, and after very forthright calls from prominent Democrats for such things as making lists, reeducation camps, and implications toward extermination of conservatives, it is my right as well as the right of the shop owner to suppose that those people intend to use those guns on us--just like Lenin said "the capitalists will sell us the rope to hang them."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    PoThere is no right reason, as long as it's a lawful one.

It's a right, just like speech. There is no right or wrong reason for me to exercise the 1A as long as it's lawful, same with 2A.
    That's just the problem. There is much to suggest that purposes which are not lawful, at least not yet, are part of the motivation.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Sure it feels good to read it and knee jerk reaction is to say “they don’t like guns anyway”, but I don’t think things like this are helpful for the 2A crowd. I get it when people say they are a private business and can sell to who they want, but what if it was a Dem car dealership refusing to sell to Trump supporters? I doubt we would high five that. We need to stay consistent in what we say we believe in; not let it be situationally dependent upon voting choices.

Great idea. How’s that been working for us so far ? Death by a thousand cuts I believe is the appropriate phrase.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    There are a lot of new democrat voting gun owners. Maybe they've never seen the importance of the Second Amendment before this year. But for what ever reason they've felt the need to get a gun. This seems like an excellent opportunity to connect with them and show them how ridiculous gun laws are.

If democrat politicians don't think their voters own guns, then why would they go against the party and oppose for gun control? If we build a coalition of republicans and democrats that loudly oppose new gun laws, politicians might just take notice.

We're going to need the biggest, loudest group of people opposing gun control that we can muster. Alienating those who are new gun owners seems counter productive, no matter who they voted for.
    This well said but it's even more fundamental than that. Lot's of new, dyed in the blue, Dem gun owners not only don't think of themselves as gun owners, they don't even think of them selves as exercising s right that's under attack -- they're just thinking of personal security and self defense. The opportunity is there though, to have them permanently think of themselves as gun owners and people who have and value exercising their right.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This well said but it's even more fundamental than that. Lot's of new, dyed in the blue, Dem gun owners not only don't think of themselves as gun owners, they don't even think of them selves as exercising s right that's under attack -- they're just thinking of personal security and self defense. The opportunity is there though, to have them permanently think of themselves as gun owners and people who have and value exercising their right.
    Do these people have a double-digit IQ?

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Do these people have a double-digit IQ?
    The local politicians they've voted for and their families vote for and their friends vote for all are anti gun. It's habit, culture and social convention. They went and bought a handgun or shotgun in June because there was looting and violence near their house or apartment or they saw it on TV. They probably never even took it to the range. Now the riots have died down.

Doesn't matter if it's irrational or not, that person doesn't have any self identity around firearms ownership. I have no idea how to do it, but changing that is key for winning this part of the culture war and it's a rare opportunity.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The local politicians they've voted for and their families vote for and their friends vote for all are anti gun. It's habit, culture and social convention. They went and bought a handgun or shotgun in June because there was looting and violence near their house or apartment or they saw it on TV. They probably never even took it to the range. Now the riots have died down.

Doesn't matter if it's irrational or not, that person doesn't have any self identity around firearms ownership. I have no idea how to do it, but changing that is key for winning this part of the culture war and it's a rare opportunity.
    You're a whole lot more optimistic than I am.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    You're a whole lot more optimistic than I am.
    I'm not at all optimistic about it. I think it's likely that we get Patriot Act 2.0, a semi auto ban and a national registry, 7 day waiting periods and the whole bit. The only way I can think of to avoid that is to expand the number of people who consider 2A when voting. There are 5M new gun owners who never thought about it before. It's maybe a slim chance, but there it is.

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    How do they go about vetting people?
    I think they posted on social media that Biden voters were not welcome. The internet did the rest. I’m sure some people that didn’t even want a gun still came in just to argue with him. But then maybe not, this isn’t a fast food joint but a gun store so that might scare them.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    That's just the problem. There is much to suggest that purposes which are not lawful, at least not yet, are part of the motivation.
    So - guns shouldn't be sold to people who might commit an unlawful act at some point in the future? Sounds a lot like gun control to me.
    Everyone who buys a gun should have to undergo a background check and sign a loyalty oath. All ballots should be made public so we know who to shun. You may speak and think freely, as long as you agree with me.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I get it when people say they are a private business and can sell to who they want, but what if it was a Dem car dealership refusing to sell to Trump supporters? I doubt we would high five that. We need to stay consistent in what we say we believe in; not let it be situationally dependent upon voting choices.

But did Trump ever claim to be anti-automobile, or promise to outlaw them?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom