• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Summer out of school was a magical time wasn't it?
    Carving shanks out of sticks was my favorite.
    Garrotes out of fishing line leaders was a solid go to, plus you could just dump the body in the river.
    Ah, memories.
    And you could claim you were making firestarters.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If it was any famous kid, it gets attention. If a victim is from any wealth at all, the news gives attention. If they have some social media presence, they get noticed. Everyone else becomes the same nameless, faceless statistic. Get over it.

There were 321,859 white people reported missing in 2020, How many of them made the news? https://www.statista.com/statistics/240396/number-of-missing-persons-files-in-the-us-by-race/

I had a co-worker go missing from his motel room when we were on a job near Atlanta GA. He never made the news, and has never been found.

Think of people in the news; ball players, politicians, entertainers, horrible criminals are top billing. Regular joe's of any color just don't get air time.

If police respond to a crowded neighborhood where someone has just been gunned down in front of 30 witnesses, no body seen nothin'. Then people get in front of a news camera and complain the Police don't do nothin'. Maybe some of those witnesses need to go downtown, file reports and hound every news outlet in town until their concern gets some airtime.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was sick of hearing about george floyd about 15 seconds after that story broke. What was that, dead felonious thug syndrome?
    Yet that is who was painted as an innocent victim, a martyr for the cause of decent people who are harassed by Law enforcement officers for sport.

Not only was it all over the news, the agenda was a complete lie. Tox reports showed he had double the lethal does of fentanyl that was already killing him when the Police were called. To bad he left the couch that day. He still would have died, but it would not have been an excuse to burn down and trash cities.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Garrotes out of fishing line leaders was a solid go to, plus you could just dump the body in the river.
    Ah, memories.
    And all happening with no supervision. :thumbsup:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    This stuff pisses me off. It's interesting how POC getting murdered every day in inner cities aren't enough to rile them up though.

What's awful about it is some gorgeoud young girl out to explore the world, plenty of video footage, and a super sketchy disappearance and someone to hate. Nothing to do with skin color.

Well said

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    A 16 year old was shot and killed at a school bus stop in inner city Louisville this past week, and in the news reports, an illustrious citizen of that neighborhood was interviewed. He actually said “they ain’t no movie theater or skating rink in this neighborhood, nuffin fo kids to do, so of course they gonna kill each other”!

That was the logical progression to this guy! And he was an adult!

He may have been an adult from a biological perspective, but I somehow doubt ANYTHING beyond that.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Ah, memories.

I don't know why garrotes are taking such a beating.

They are actually very effective.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Indianapolis woman speaks about search for mother, says more needs to be done to help find missing people of color​

While there is a point to be made here, I don't think it's solely minorities that don't seem to be searched for. I'm sure hundreds of people of all races go missing everyday. Not all of them (not by a long shot) garner the attention of Gabby Petito's case, or Lauren Spierer's case. I'd call it more of a "Missing Pretty Blonde Girl" Syndrome. I think that the families and communities determine how much attention a case gets. I don't know how one changes that.
    I mean, that article seems to contain the answer to why "nothing is being done".

Her phone and car go to the ex-boyfriend's, he (rightly) refuses to let them or the police in without a warrant, police get a warrant, they search the property and find nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if the same warrant pulled cell data and communications. Presumably nothing was found there, either. So...what? Arrest people without evidence?

Top Bottom