• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm not really against hunting them, but why do we hunt/kill coyotes? Don't they eat mostly rodents? I'm sure they eat chickens too, right?

Mike

i kill them for 3 reasons.

they 3 eat rabbits and i love running rabbit dogs
    the eat fawn deer and i love deer hunting
    but most improtantly they eat young calfs and i love making money off cattle. each calf tthey eat i make less money or my neibor makes less money. possibly even pay money for doing all the work cattle take

every niebor i know will always kill them on sight (even our one democrat niebor)

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    i kill them for 3 reasons.

they 3 eat rabbits and i love running rabbit dogs
    the eat fawn deer and i love deer hunting
    but most improtantly they eat young calfs and i love making money off cattle. each calf tthey eat i make less money or my neibor makes less money. possibly even pay money for doing all the work cattle take

every niebor i know will always kill them on sight (even our one democrat niebor)

Fawn deer and calfs (as well as younger sheep and pigs, I would assume?)... Enough for me...

I do know they often kill domestic dogs, as well, if they're in a pack...

Thanks,
    Mike

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Fawn deer and calfs (as well as younger sheep and pigs, I would assume?)... Enough for me...

Thanks,
    Mike

they will take sheep and pigs and goats..

they are smart animals they will let a domestic dog see one of them and give chase. the coyote will lead him right to the rest of the pack and the next thing the dog knows its surownded.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County

Which leads me to a question. Last night I heard a pack of yotes howling, whining, etc. about 100 yards from my house. We have two dogs, and there are numerous dogs in our neighborhood. Would it be legal to shoot the yotes? What if they started attacking/becoming aggressive toward my dogs? I am within city limits, but have a large open grassy field behind us, so there would be a clean/safe shot.

Thanks.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I plan on getting out and doing some yote hunting today with some bait. My dog managed to get into the pig pen earlier this week and killed one pig, and another has died since then from its injuries. I'm going to use them as bait and try to get me some yotes this afternoon. My 30-06 should do just fine for the job.

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    Which leads me to a question. Last night I heard a pack of yotes howling, whining, etc. about 100 yards from my house. We have two dogs, and there are numerous dogs in our neighborhood. Would it be legal to shoot the yotes? What if they started attacking/becoming aggressive toward my dogs? I am within city limits, but have a large open grassy field behind us, so there would be a clean/safe shot.

Thanks.

I hear there's a company called "AAC" that makes a product you may be interested in... :D

Mike

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    There's a more interesting question that no one has asked:

How the hell much holdover do you use with a 30-30 at 600 yards!?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

im obviously not the person to ask. it was running broadside and i guessed 7' high 7' lead. it was hard to tell where i hit since the field was covered in fodder and it was wet

last year i shot at one at 300-400 with my 9mm 226 sig. i wasn't aiming as much as wasnt aiming as much as i was watching where the bullet hit and adjusting. some folk may think just throwing ammo at a coyote is unethicel but as much money as coyotes have cost me and my family and our niebors if i see one at 800 yds and only have a 22lr he better be running becasue im shooting. i wont go anywhere on our farm without some gun because coyotes i have a ar that stays in the tractors or combine or whatever im in.

ive only had one stand its ground one time on me. i was working with some begal pups and it stood there and paced back and forth looking at me and the pups (mainly the pups) it was about 75yds and i shot the sig a couple times at it.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

i just ran my 30-30 load data through my ballistic calculator and i whould have roughly 102 inches of drop at 600 yds so i should have aimed 8.5 feet high.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom