• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Dearborn County-Yesterday, April 12, 2021, a 46 year old Rush County, Indiana man was arrested on drug charges following a traffic stop on I-74 in northern Dearborn County, Indiana.

The investigation began shortly after 11:30 am, when Senior Trooper Randel Miller stopped a 2001 BMW westbound on I-74 near the 165 mile marker in Dearborn County after he observed multiple traffic violations. During the encounter with the occupants of the vehicle, S/Trp. Miller became suspicious that criminal activity was taking place. S/Trp. Miller deployed his drug detection K-9 Jinx, who alerted to the odor of illegal drugs coming from the vehicle.

During a search of the vehicle, troopers located approximately seven grams of suspected heroin/fentanyl concealed in a hidden area in the trunk of the vehicle. A syringe and additional drug paraphernalia was also located in the vehicle. The driver/registered owner of the vehicle, Brian J. Hillebrand, age 46, Milroy, Indiana was arrested on charges of Possession of a Narcotic Drug, over 5 grams, Level 5 felony, Possession of Syringe, Level 6 Felony, and Possession of Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor. A female passenger in the vehicle was released at the scene. Hillebrand was incarcerated in the Dearborn County Jail pending his initial appearance in court.

S/Trp. Miller was assisted at the scene by Master Trooper James Wells.

Attached: -Arrest Photo of Brian J. Hillebrand

-Photo of Drugs Recovered

-30- SGT. STEPHEN WHEELES

Under the Law, criminal charges are merely accusations and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

Brian Hillebrand
    I-74 Drug Seizure

Question for those with knowledge of illegal drugs.
    Is that considered a lot 5 grams. How much damage would heroin and fentany 5 grams worth do to someone? I'm told it doesn't take much fentanyl to put someone out for surgery. So 5 grams would that be a lot?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Dumbass was transporting drugs and driving like he's playing Grand Theft Auto on his Play Station, and probably doesn't understand why he's in jail right now.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dumbass was transporting drugs and driving like he's playing Grand Theft Auto on his Play Station, and probably doesn't understand why he's in jail right now.
    Sounds like another recent maroon driving with expired plates knowing he had several outstanding warrants. If you are "riding dirty" as the used to say on Live PD, it's best to keep your lights working, current plates on your vehicle and drive sensibly. I MISS Live PD.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I hate to be a pessimist or Debby downer here but hes already got a record for this same thing and it got plead down to a felony with a couple nights in jail.

I doubt this one is gonna be different. 5 grams isn’t exactly a drug kingpin and since he had a needle his defense is gonna be he is a user who buys in bulk

utl73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2020
    Indiana
    User/dealer weight. Very few herion dealers will have over a gram on them. Probably just picked up and havent made it back home to chop it up.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    I hate to be a pessimist or Debby downer here but hes already got a record for this same thing and it got plead down to a felony with a couple nights in jail.

I doubt this one is gonna be different. 5 grams isn’t exactly a drug kingpin and since he had a needle his defense is gonna be he is a user who buys in bulk
    Look up Dearborn County’s track record for prosecution. He won’t just walk away from this one.

Top Bottom