• INGO Wolverines, What'cha Packing?

• Total voters

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    For me it's the DA. To admit, I detest DA pull on anything. I'm considering making my B a SAO.
    According to CZ website both are DA/SA. The only difference According to the website is a decocker and night sights on the BD. Maybe I'm missing something here or not understanding the difference.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve been thinking of adding an M18 to the family. The M17 commemorative edition is nice but I don’t want to pay an extra $500 for the cardboard box.

The M17/M18 would be good in this situation due to capacity and mag compatibility with the military

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    According to CZ website both are DA/SA. The only difference According to the website is a decocker and night sights on the BD. Maybe I'm missing something here or not understanding the difference.

The decocker can have a slightly better trigger due to the sear cage being pinned to the frame but can be harder to tune since it sacrifices one hammer hook to achieve the ability to decock. The B has more options, such as being easily converted to SA, is easier to work on and comes with sights that you will not feel bad about trashing when you upgrade them.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    You are correct. I'm referring to the point of a decocker model. I never understood the need to go DA when it has a manual safety. Personal preference is all.

"Blade isn't sharp enough if you have to force it to cut." - The Old Man

Edit: To elaborate, I always questioned it's (DA) usefulness. I understand it's purpose. If one fears from pulling a lighter trigger too early, the problem lies within. Steel your mind, sharpen your tool as it were. The added weight effects accuracy, for me anyway, and causes unnecessary hesitation. Forcing it causes ineffective use.

"DA saves time from cocking during instantaneous reactions. One less thing(?)" That argument can be refuted by a heightened situational awareness. My 2¢.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    He is talking about installing CGW SA ignition controls.

giphy.gif

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    They are both DA/SA, but the B can be a SA first shot because you have the ability to carry cocked and locked. BD is DA first pull everytime.

Humphry48

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2021
    Lafayette
    I have been trying to get a membership to the IGO and today I do believe I did it ...
    Thank you !I would also like to know if there will be a IGO sponserd gun show in Indianapolis .. I do hope so it has been years sience I went to one ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I have been trying to get a membership to the IGO and today I do believe I did it ... I am also looking for a Para Warthawg in great condition . It does not matter what year it was made , as long as the price is below the $900 range .. Thank you !I would also like to know if there will be a IGO sponserd gun show in Indianapolis .. I do hope so it has been years sience I went to one ...
    Here, not here
    giphy.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been trying to get a membership to the IGO and today I do believe I did it ... I am also looking for a Para Warthawg in great condition . It does not matter what year it was made , as long as the price is below the $900 range .. Thank you !I would also like to know if there will be a IGO sponserd gun show in Indianapolis .. I do hope so it has been years sience I went to one ...
    Not exactly sure what you are doing and why do it in this thread. We attempt (:lmfao) to stay on topic and you are well off track.

Also, no sales or looking for purchases outside the classifieds.

Read the rules. Click the links at the bottom of this post.
    Ingo does not sponsor Gun Shows.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have been trying to get a membership to the IGO and today I do believe I did it ...
    Thank you !I would also like to know if there will be a IGO sponserd gun show in Indianapolis .. I do hope so it has been years sience I went to one ...
    Oh, you spelled INGO wrong.

Top Bottom