• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joreharr

Grandest Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Salem, Indiana
    I am wanting to see if anyone has had any luck or rather bad experiences with Military Heritage Muskets? I am looking at purchasing a couple different models and know they are made in India. I have read reviews and watched several in depth videos who have drilled the pan hole and regularly shoot these. Has anyone shot or had experience with them? Would i be better off saving the extra money for a Pedersoli Brown Bess?

Best,
    Josh

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    If there were serious flaws I would expect to see them banned from shoots at places like Friendship and the like.

If it is only fit and finish, then they will let you bang away to your hearts content.

I would place this question on 'black powder' and see what you find there.

Good luck from someone who lives just southwest of you.

A question for you, are you new to black powder? Have you considered buying used? Do you only want a flintlock or will a percussion cap do? Inquiring minds...

joreharr

Grandest Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Salem, Indiana
    If there were serious flaws I would expect to see them banned from shoots at places like Friendship and the like.

If it is only fit and finish, then they will let you bang away to your hearts content.

I would place this question on 'black powder' and see what you find there.

Good luck from someone who lives just southwest of you.

A question for you, are you new to black powder? Have you considered buying used? Do you only want a flintlock or will a percussion cap do? Inquiring minds...
    I am no stranger to black powder, but most of my pieces i have now I don't tend to shoot. Wanting something i can use and beat around instead of a collectible. Thanks my friend on the advice of posting to black powder, i am new to the forum!

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    T'were me I'd shop around the various black powder, muzzleloaders and reenactors web sites. And when I saw what I wanted for the price I was willing to pay, to strike like an enraged koala.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Welcome aboard!

Always remember to keep S&S Firearms Parts on your fav's to keep those collectables going. He is a ray of sunshine in a dark world when it comes to the old military stuff.

Top Bottom