• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks for posting this BBI. It's been truly a joy to read about the adventures of you and her.

It has seriously been a blast for me. The BIL/SILs keeps thanking me for 'going above and beyond for her' but I was enjoying it as much or more as she was. I didn't quite cry like a baby when I took her to the airport, but it was a good thing I had a hanky because it got awful dusty for awhile for both of us. She kissed my shoulder and when I questioned my wife she said it was because she couldn't reach me and was embarrassed to ask me to bend down.

I feel her absence pretty acutely already, but at least there's social media so I don't have to miss her entirely. I did a 5k today and took 4th in my age group (a testament to how slow everyone else was, not how fast I am), so like any son I had to try and impress mom with my accomplishments. :D

Fly her in to Atlanta. Take some more vacation time and problem solved.

(says the guy that doesn't take his MIL anywhere and she lives one small town over)

I absolutely would if she wanted to. As it is, I think we'll fly to Vegas, rent a car, and do one of our 'loop vacations' to include a visit with the LA in-laws while she's still there.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I absolutely would if she wanted to. As it is, I think we'll fly to Vegas, rent a car, and do one of our 'loop vacations' to include a visit with the LA in-laws while she's still there.
    Hey my BIL lives in Vegas. Big shot at some golf course or some such. Take my MIL with you and drop her off there. Then you have the other MIL experience until you get to see yours again.

Man, I am full of perfect scenarios of late.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hey my BIL lives in Vegas. Big shot at some golf course or some such. Take my MIL with you and drop her off there. Then you have the other MIL experience until you get to see yours again.

Man, I am full of perfect scenarios of late.

You buy, I'll fly.

Top Bottom