• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I order a lot of parts from Jegs performance. If I get my order in by 5:00 the parts are on my step the next afternoon. We are talking 50 pound packages with car parts in them. If not the next day they are there in 48 hours so WTAF is a 6oz. package taking 7 to 10 days.

Dennis Kirk is another smokin fast shipper, within maybe 1 or 2 hours you will get tracking and confirm that you order has been shipped.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    According to the UPS website, the package was delivered to USPS in Lafayette, and is now enroute to Portland.

According to the USPS website now, the USPS has not received the package at all.

Curiouser and curiouser. :popcorn:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FedEx will specifically will sit on shipments to make sure they do not arrive at destination early. No idea how many other companies have adopted this practice.

Cannot have the "free shipping" options beating their upgraded options. :rolleyes:

I try to make it clear to companies participating in this shipping fiasco that I'm happy to take my biz to Amazon's prime 2 day free shipping whenever possible.

It's understood that Amazon will not have your AK mags, but Midway needs to know they are losing biz on the more generally available stuff due to the agrivation created by their shipping overall.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    FedEx will specifically will sit on shipments to make sure they do not arrive at destination early. No idea how many other companies have adopted this practice.

Cannot have the "free shipping" options beating their upgraded options. :rolleyes:

I try to make it clear to companies participating in this shipping fiasco that I'm happy to take my biz to Amazon's prime 2 day free shipping whenever possible.

It's understood that Amazon will not have your AK mags, but Midway needs to know they are losing biz on the more generally available stuff due to the agrivation created by their shipping overall.

Even the two day prime shipping from Amazon is hit or miss anymore. I always laugh at their lame attempt to offer penny’s to receive it later than two days.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

Prime is getting worse each week with sitting on orders for a few days before shipping. The last order I did Amazon wanted me to pick a prime day so whatever I ordered would arrive on MY Day the following week. A quick call and with me saying I pay Prime so I get my order in one or two business days, dont change the game....

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    According to the UPS website, the package was delivered to USPS in Lafayette, and is now enroute to Portland.

According to the USPS website now, the USPS has not received the package at all.

Curiouser and curiouser. :popcorn:

USPS website updates are sometimes days behind. I received a package and when I check the status it still showed in Route.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    USPS website updates are sometimes days behind. I received a package and when I check the status it still showed in Route.

As a guy who ships alot with what I do for a living, when dealing with the USPS and maybe the other shippers, the PO will sometimes take heavy packages and place them in the gray plastic totes you see at the PO. When that happens it just has a destination where its going on it and the tracking will disappear for a few days until it arrives at the final PO and the package is removed and scanned, and then it will show up again on your tracking.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

When I order from Thompson Cigar I use the 10% and free ship veteran discount. The UPS shipment will arrive in South Bend and sit 2 or 3 days before USPS delivers to me in Laporte.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Good, cheap, fast - you’re lucky to get two and typically only get one.

“Free shipping” is almost always Surepost or Smartpost and both tarnish the UPS and FDX names with how the post office handles the “last mile”.

The extra cost for Ground, or even USPS Priority, gets your stuff to you faster.

I’ve never personally had a shipper sit on a package to make scheduled delivery; got a FDX parcel a day early many times.

YMMV

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good, cheap, fast - you’re lucky to get two and typically only get one.

“Free shipping” is almost always Surepost or Smartpost and both tarnish the UPS and FDX names with how the post office handles the “last mile”.

The extra cost for Ground, or even USPS Priority, gets your stuff to you faster.

I’ve never personally had a shipper sit on a package to make scheduled delivery; got a FDX parcel a day early many times.

YMMV

Times must have changed in the last 10 or so years. I once had Fedex ground refuse to open a container to retrieve a package. Not because it was too much trouble, but they flat out told me they were not even allowed to open the container for 2 more days because no package in it was due to be delivered yet. (3 day official transit time for ground, ya know. )

I had a critical part I needed, but overnight delivery wasnt available from that seller. When I saw it arrive the next day in town I went to the customer counter where it was at and explained the situation and asked to pick it up early. "Sorry, Charlie. You didnt pay for overnight, so we cant give it to you at overnight speed, even if it IS here and DOES have to sit here 48 hours more 'just because'." I was quite angry, of course.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Guess I jinxed myself by posting here, package stuck at USPS Annex for the pass 3 days. They even had the nerve to offer Premium Tracking for a small fee. :):

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    You should regularly screenshot the tracking data. I have had packages wandering around the country. Sometimes what appears on the tracking data one day is gone/replace subsequently with different data.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So we spend our hard earned dollars and order a few small parts and pieces etc. It takes 7 to 10 days to arrive. Total weight is a few ounces.

I ordered a new generator last Sat. They shipped it Monday morning. It was here Tuesday afternoon. Package weighed 50 pounds.

2 days peoples. 2 fracking days.

Top Bottom