• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    I bought a Microtech Ultratech for Christmas last year. Mine was returned about a month later because the blade wouldn’t lock open. Two weeks ago I sent it in again because it wouldn’t shut unless you applied pressure to the tip. Anyone else notice any quality issues with their Microtech’s?

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My knock from Ali ba ba still working fine. Be very careful buying microtech as there are tons of counterfeit ultra tech about.

I have had pocket lint cause issues with mine once. Cleaned it and worked fine.

US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    When it first went down I immediately thought I had a knockoff, but I sent it to Microtech and they fixed it and sent it back.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Do you EDC it? Yes, pocket lint, fuzz, blood etc can become entrapped snagging the mechanism. I have had decent luck with mine but it rides in a belt pouch or in my boot.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Any out the front knife, is less reliable than. That said, nothing is better than a Microtech. They do require more cleaning and maintenance than that of a standard folding knife, but I don't think anything else comes close in quality,

drm-hp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I know it is not an otf, but I trust when I would need it my Microtech LUDT will be there and up to the task at hand. I have several in case I loose one. Light, strong and razor sharp, I do not use it as an everyday thing, it is a very specific tool.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I know it is not an otf, but I trust when I would need it my Microtech LUDT will be there and up to the task at hand. I have several in case I loose one. Light, strong and razor sharp, I do not use it as an everyday thing, it is a very specific tool.

100% agree, my LUDT has never once failed me where I have broken almost literally every single OTF Microtech makes aside from the HALO. The LUDT's are also very lightweight and their full flat grind helps it be a razor sharp tool.

tYzWZLx.jpg

(katana edition LUDT and Legion P226l

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yea bought an OTF microtech mil edition and attempted to edc it. It’s super cool and the blade is high quality but the openIng mechanism didn’t hold up to every day use when I was active. Basic stuff like carried in pocket every day in the field and in garrison, opening boxes and MRE’s.

Super cool toy but not a tool to trust for edc IMO. Especially since fixing a failure to open requires sending it back and sharpening it yourself voids the blade warranty from what I understand.

Stavman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Jeffersonville
    I haven’t had any issues in the year or so I’ve had mine. Though I work in office so the most it gets used
    is opening a few packages.

I will be buying a ODG Ludt at some point.

Top Bottom