Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    IC 35-47-2-4(g)

The superintendent may not issue a lifetime qualified license or a lifetime unlimited license to a person who is a resident of another state. The superintendent may issue a four (4) year qualified license or a four (4) year unlimited license to a person who is a resident of another state and who has a regular place of business or employment in Indiana as described in section 3(a)(3) of this chapter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A little more context:

IC 35-47-2-3
    Application for license to carry handgun; procedure
    Sec. 3. (a) A person desiring a license to carry a handgun shall apply:
    (1) to the chief of police or corresponding law enforcement officer of the municipality in which the applicant resides;
    (2) if that municipality has no such officer, or if the applicant does not reside in a municipality, to the sheriff of the county in which the applicant resides after the applicant has obtained an application form prescribed by the superintendent; or
    (3) if the applicant is a resident of another state and has a regular place of business or employment in Indiana, to the sheriff of the county in which the applicant has a regular place of business or employment.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    BUT, her LTCH would only be honored in Indiana, NOT in Michigan because she's not a resident of Indiana, right?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    MY Indiana LTCH is good in my home state of Michigan, I need to follow Michigan law(s) though.
    At least I will on Sunday when I visit the family for the reunion in Hillsdale.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just getting the Michigan CPL sounds like the better choice. Moving to the Great State of Indiana would also be good ;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This. The MI one is good in a lot more states anyway. Why would she get an IN one?

To avoid taking a class?

Also, as I recall from my youth, it used to be quite difficult to get a CPL in Michigan. Maybe she's remembering the bad old days.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom