• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    He could not legally purchase the firearm for himself.
    That doesn't cut it.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    That doesn't cut it.

I will admit that I was not aware of that. I will concede.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I would like to take a moment to read the second amendment to the constitution of the united States which simply documents a natural right that has existed since before the document and exists regardless of the document.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I would like to take a moment to read the second amendment to the constitution of the united States which simply documents a natural right that has existed since before the document and exists regardless of the document.
    That’s all your going to be doing is reading about it if people keep doing this idiocy. Keep going down this road and in 10 years it will be a goner. I would like to see our younger generation keep this right but if we don’t own up to the issues at hand then, bye bye.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    That’s all your going to be doing is reading about it if people keep doing this idiocy. Keep going down this road and in 10 years it will be a goner. I would like to see our younger generation keep this right but if we don’t own up to the issues at hand then, bye bye.

I have taken care of my children. I have taught them individual responsivilty. I have taught them choices have consequences.

I have taught them to defend themselves against others who will use a tragedy to erode their natural rights.

Please tell me what I am to "own up to" with this matter.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Back around 1972 had a kid that wasn't right in the head, by the 4th grade he would still pull his pants down at recess and pee in front of the girls. No parents, live with his grandparents. Everyone knew he wasn't right in the head but still while in elementary school grandpa bought him a .22 handgun. He shot both of them one day, around 12 years old at the time. Killed the grandpa and paralyzed his grandma. Then drove their car to my small town and told some friends what he had done.....a older person told someone and they went to find out. He said he was tired being told to do chores. Grandpa was a idiot sadly....no one in their right mind seeing a youth that is messed up in the head gives them a handgun. It seems not much has changed today.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I have taken care of my children. I have taught them individual responsivilty. I have taught them choices have consequences.

I have taught them to defend themselves against others who will use a tragedy to erode their natural rights.

There is a problem in this nation that is gaining ground. You can’t see it?

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I do indeed, and ask again what am I to "own up to"?
    You brought up the whole 2nd amendment statement over the fact that the parents have been idiots in the ownership of guns in their residence. Assuming you mean they have the right. Absolutely they have the right, but they are misusing that right and that’s where the issue lies.
    It seems you do not agree that the parents should be held liable here. Or maybe I mis understood your post.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    You brought up the whole 2nd amendment statement over the fact that the parents have been idiots in the ownership of guns in their residence. Assuming you mean they have the right. Absolutely they have the right, but they are misusing that right and that’s where the issue lies.
    It seems you do not agree that the parents should be held liable here. Or maybe I mis understood your post.

I do not know all the facts of this matter.

Based on what I have read, the parents are idiots.

Based on what I have read, so are the "school officials".

I ask again, what am I to "own up to"?

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I do not know all the facts of this matter.

Based on what I have read, the parents are idiots.

Based on what I have read, so are the "school officials".

I ask again, what am I to "own up to"?
    Owning up to the fact that not all deserve this right. I just stated it. For the third time.

I am ending on this one. This story really is pathetic and my anger is up over the thought of what the parents of this kid allowed to happen. Put yourself in the shoes of the other parents and think where your mind would be if you lost your child to this act. And then on top of it you find that the kid just packed up a newly bought gun and left for school. It hits pretty hard if you think that was one of your kids. No easy answer here but if more parents thought their A$$ would be in prison over negligence of firearms in the home, then maybe they would be doing something differently. This keeps happening then we all pay for it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK. A point I need to stress in all of this.

You applied yourself to being a parent. This skill is going away at an alarming rate.
    Your success is a direct result of your efforts. I applaud you sir.

It is all too obvious the parents of the young lost soul were miserable failures in this......Parenting.

Thats all I have.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    could-should.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Owning up to the fact that not all deserve this right. I just stated it. For the third time.

I am ending on this one. This story really is pathetic and my anger is up over the thought of what the parents of this kid allowed to happen. Put yourself in the shoes of the other parents and think where your mind would be if you lost your child to this act. And then on top of it you find that the kid just packed up a newly bought gun and left for school. It hits pretty hard if you think that was one of your kids. No easy answer here but if more parents thought their A$$ would be in prison over negligence of firearms in the home, then maybe they would be doing something differently. This keeps happening then we all pay for it.

I will end with I have no idea what challenges my children will face, but I pray I have prepared them to the best of my ability to trust their instincts more than anything else....particularly some ******* school administrator.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

First, Mr. Red, I am not attacking you or your post. Your post just makes my point extremely easy to make, so I'm using it for that reason alone.

You said, "I have taught them individual responsivilty. I have taught them choices have consequences. I have taught them to defend themselves against others who will use a tragedy to erode their natural rights." By the way, this is the best any parent can do, so I applaud you for it.

My concern is that I don't give a plug nickel what parents have taught their kids, I care about what the kids have learned!

I would guess that in over 90% of the cases what is taught is what is learned, but not 100%. I believe that parents need to be very open to the idea that no matter what they are trying to teach their kids, some of their kids just aren't learning it. And there is where parents need to be very observant about how much of what is being taught is truly being absorbed.

In this case it appears, based upon current media reporting (that may or may not be entirely accurate), that these particular parents did not fully appreciate how much their own son may be mentally disturbed. As such they did not take appropriate action in dealing with whatever demons this kid has.

However, kids are damned good liars! They know the best way to spin something for their parents. Also, some kids are sociopaths, and are very deft at manipulating others by pretending to be what adults expect them to be.

Regards and Merry Christmas,

Doug

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    First, Mr. Red, I am not attacking you or your post. Your post just makes my point extremely easy to make, so I'm using it for that reason alone.

You said, "I have taught them individual responsivilty. I have taught them choices have consequences. I have taught them to defend themselves against others who will use a tragedy to erode their natural rights." By the way, this is the best any parent can do, so I applaud you for it.

My concern is that I don't give a plug nickel what parents have taught their kids, I care about what the kids have learned!

I would guess that in over 90% of the cases what is taught is what is learned, but not 100%. I believe that parents need to be very open to the idea that no matter what they are trying to teach their kids, some of their kids just aren't learning it. And there is where parents need to be very observant about how much of what is being taught is truly being absorbed.

In this case it appears, based upon current media reporting (that may or may not be entirely accurate), that these particular parents did not fully appreciate how much their own son may be mentally disturbed. As such they did not take appropriate action in dealing with whatever demons this kid has.

However, kids are damned good liars! They know the best way to spin something for their parents. Also, some kids are sociopaths, and are very deft at manipulating others by pretending to be what adults expect them to be.

Regards and Merry Christmas,

Doug

Still waiting to hear what "I am to own up to".

A sincere Merry Christmas to you and yours, Sir.

Top Bottom