• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    So I was sitting in the upstairs bedroom of my two story house and I hear scratching on the ceiling above me. :poop: Does anyone have recommendations for an exterminator for mice? I am in the greenwood-franklin area. tnx......

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Have you notice it being less effective lately? My mom does the same and she swears its barely works now. Not as good as it used to.
    I got the kind for mice and rats and it seems to do okay. But I stocked up several years ago. it looks like their product line has changed now. So I don't know about this new stuff.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got the kind for mice and rats and it seems to do okay. But I stocked up several years ago. it looks like their product line has changed now. So I don't know about this new stuff.
    Government regulations have probably turned it into a kinder, gentler poison.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    what I didn't like about D-con was I found it hidden in all sorts of places that the mice hid it in. I use the spring traps with some twine knotted through the hole and peanut butter

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    This time of year when the farmers start combining we can get mice in the shop. I always use the XL glue traps.
    They like to get in my garage at this time of year too and I ring the interior with glue trips like razor wire around a prison. I also put out poison for any fast learners that make it past the glue traps though.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If the critters have access to plentiful water, it may seem like the poison isn't working very well. They may get to enough water quickly enough for them to not die and then return.

OP: Squirrels, opossums, and/or raccoons are also possibilities.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I am in a semi-rural area in an old house. I use a combination of sticky traps & Just One Bite poison (available at Rural King, maybe Amazon). It is very effective & I rarely have a stinker, when I do it is typically in the open where I can find it.

Top Bottom