• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    A foreign leader is calling for the citizens of the United States to give up their weapons. Gee, that's funny.

I think Mexico should disband their army, or at least trade in their guns for flashlights and whistles.

Since when do we applaud foreign leaders telling us to give up our defense? Anyone in our government who applauded that line should be tried for treason.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Most of the photos of captured weapons--made in the US--have been M4 carbines with M203 grenade launchers attached to them. Maybe the weapons traced to the US are traceable to the DOD? The Narco gangsters sure didn't get the M203s at "Joes gun emporium". Besides, why pay a premium and then have to deal with hassle of smuggling them? They already have corrupt police officials on their payroll who can siphon off some of what uncle sam sells to the federales.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Millions of his citizens are fleeing his country because of how bad their lives are. Worrying about another nations laws seems more than irresponsible.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I take offense to a foreign leader dictating our domestic policies to us. It is true that the Narcos are meeting our great demand for illegal narcotics. However, they are doing so by getting full automatic weapons from their own corrupt officials or from weapons stores in South America or Eastern Europe. I am not an expert, but my understanding of our laws is that it is incredibly difficult and expensive to purchase a fully automatic "machine gun".

It is also perplexing to me that one of the most powerful Cartels in Mexico, Los Zetas, was founded by former Mexican Special Forces. Certainly, they have access to military hardware given their training and connection to the Mexican military. Although, in the defense of the Mexican Army, the majority of their troops are the only ones that can fight the narcos.

Also interesting to me and also to other Americans is Mexico's stance on state's rights in their own country. In some respects, especially those regarding firearms ownership, states have as much if not more autonomy than we do in the US. For example, in the Mexican state of Michoacan, where I studied, it is legal to drink while driving Monday through Thursday, and is only illegal Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. But, that is not the case in other states like Queretaro or Guanajuato. It is illegal there all the time even though no one cares.

Also, given that Michoacan is so dangerous, the state government started issuing LTCHs more freely to the citizens during the time I was down there. In Mexico, everyone owns a gun. While their are only a few official gun stores in Mexico, and the calibers cannot be greater than a .38, people can own and carry handguns in Michoacan and other states Mexico.

While I was there, the state government of Michoacan actually saw the need, given the increase in violence, for people to be able to protect themselves. Essentially, it worked like this, a person could own a handgun and carry it with them if they obtained a proper permit from the state, which made it easier to get an LTCH. And, if they chose to, they could purchase a gun from one of the few gun stores, or on the black market, questions were not asked. This was due to the already present black market meeting the demand, and also to circumvent the difficult process of having to purchase a gun, at a very high costs, from the federal government run gun stores.

I think Calderon doesn't understand that the Mexican people want guns, they demand them, and from my speaking to Mexican citizens, and even police, the Mexican people understand that a person has the right to defend their property and their lives.

This AWB stuff is hog wash. Calderon is trying to shift the blame for the violence to the USA as it pertains to guns. I will concede to him that we are fueling the demand for drugs, but the illegal guns are mostly coming from Mexican weapon stores or other nations, especially the full-auto variety of weapons. You just can't get them here easily.

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I say f*ck Calderon and his 3rd world country! Why does everyone blame the US for their problems?? Now that one of his fellow politicians (and friend) El Jefe Diego has been kidnapped and missing for 9 days I bet he would like the US and some of those guns to help get his buddy back. Oh wait.....he's already asked the FBI and the DEA for help.

How can someone who doesn't have control of his own country try and tell the US how to run theirs???

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Suck it Calderon. You wish you could come get our guns you commie. Worry about your own country and stop trying to blame the USA for your problems. Admit that you suck as leader of Mexico.

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why would we even let this clown talk in front of Congress about our laws he knows nothing about! Take care of your own country, Mexico should worry about there own problems and not blame everything on us! Heres a thought, lets trade, we'll take all our illegal weapons back you take your illegal people back. Problem solved!

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I wish he would mind his own business. Keep his countrymen, his drugs, and poorly made wares on his side of the fence.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Tell you what. We'll take our guns back and you take your citzens back. Fair enough?

Top Bottom