Normandy
    190606-D-ZZ999-002.JPG

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."

-Thomas Jonathan Jackson

"Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death".
    - Miyamoto Musashi

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That gentleman is one of our elected official, a deputy, member of the National Assembly (equivalent to the US House or Representatives).
    I think he's also the mayor of the town where the ceremony is taking place.

He's wearing a double French and US flag lapel pin. Not sure it can be seen on the picture unless you zoom in.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    God bless them and their families.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I’m lucky. Grandpa came home from WW1. Dad and several uncles all came home from WW2. Went camping this Memorial Day. Of all the things I forgot to take was my 3x5 camping flag. Has about a 7‘ pole, a 1-7/8 hitch ball for the top of the pole and an old cast iron City of Chicago pole base that my dad or uncles got when they lived in Chicago years ago. All painted nice to show respect for Old Glory. But I guess pops is still looking down on me as we acquired the below leather coat at a local store having a mega sale for less than a C note! Plus it has two pockets to conceal carry!
    FB93DF6E-3842-46D5-98C6-B83F689663D9.jpeg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Spent the day watching Band of Brothers, again. I felt silly sitting inside all day, with the beautiful weather, but couldn't help myself. Such a masterpiece. A business associate of mine survived the Battle of the Bulge. He was truly part of the greatest generation. RIP Mr. Tuley. You earned it.

Top Bottom