• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I've been using an old hand grinder with a motor rigged to it for the last 25+ and it's worn out. So looking at new grinders probably #22's with a 1hp motor. On the short list is LEM, Cabelas, & noticed Rural King has decent looking Lincolns. What have y'all been using? It will mostly be used for deer and stuffing sausage.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    What is worn out? You can get new blades. Curious.
    to be honest it could still be used and get some replacement parts. Has newer cutting blades but the auger is getting pretty loose and the reducing gear box has seen better days. I'd just like to have something new and to be able to grind faster as well.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Any of the ones you've mentioned are gonna get the job done, especially in 1 HP.
    I personally have an LEM, but wouldn't hesitate to replace it with a Cabela's or similar model if need be.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    We use a small Cabelas model. Its s combination of plastic and stainless. I dont know the HP but it does pretty good. We use it to do about 4-7 deer a year. It does pretty good with the course disc. The fine disc gets clogged. This grinder is at least 15 yrs old. Unless you plan on doing a lot, the cheaper ones should do the trick.

Top Bottom