• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Because we would have had a donkey Speaker on the first ballot.
    Im not sure there isnt a donkey speaker on the ballot now!
    One is representing Cali and the other NY.
    Pretty sad the other Cali guy wont vote for Mccarthy!
    I mean if you take a vote and win by one,didnt the majority rule?
    Think how much money this clown show is costing WE THE PEOPLE!
    We have other important things to do and if we cant decide on the simple stuff,WE THE PEOPLE are screwed!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is hard to understand what is going on for those of left thinking. Heck it is hard for some conservatives. This us what democracy looks like, not the prepackaged uniparty stuff they have been delivering for the last 20 years. See my post added to this post and it spells out exactly what this battle is over.
    Probably threatening the holdouts’s committee appointments is not gonna help get it done.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So…what’s the end game for the freedom caucus?

The republicans need 20 or so votes to seat their guy, the democrats need 10 or so, and the MAGAs need another 400 or so…is forcing an impasse really in their best interests here? I don’t see how this works out in favor of MAGAs at all…this looks like a one-way ticket to the kiddie table to me.
    Well, if you're against it we KNOW they're on the right track

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Couldn't agree more. Nasty Pelosi is gone and it wasn't like Joe Biden and the Democrat Senate were going to let the Republican House do anything anyway.

Send it.
    OIP.dOa24LFfASj5gPke9L5HTwHaEK
    All proposals from spending must originate in the house. They could defund the FBI and there isn't a damn thing the senate could do about it. Don't underestimate the power of the purse. Such a budget might not pass the senate, but if they stuck to their guns like the 20 are doing for the speaker vote they could force concessions from the senate

Why do you think McConnell allowed the temporary funding bill to prevent a government shutdown to run until the end of the fiscal year? He undercut the newly republican house's power of the purse for as long as he possibly could. He knows what a problem the house could be (for him) with a truly conservative leader

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because Trump isn't always right, and not everyone who likes Trump is in a cult.

The way I see it is him fishing for endorsements in a primary.
    Or he wants plausible deniability for the inevitable attempts to blame him for the impasse (and everything else)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    As much as I despise some of the RINO swamp creatures, I have to begrudge them some respect. I can't imagine the exhaustion of a full day of proceedings, then a full night of backroom deal-making. I guess some personalities thrive on all the social interaction, but I personally couldn't stomach it.

No, just no, unless I missed your purple, and I don’t think I did.

“The exhaustion of a full day of proceedings”, this may be the reason we are in the shape we’re in. Too many do-nothings. Too many lobbyists. Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

No respect for these fat cats just because they “have” to “work” all night.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    No, just no, unless I missed your purple, and I don’t think I did.

“The exhaustion of a full day of proceedings”, this may be the reason we are in the shape we’re in. Too many do-nothings. Too many lobbyists. Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

No respect for these fat cats just because they “have” to “work” all night.

You're not wrong. I meant to say my personality type doesn't fit that lifestyle. Long days dealing with humans is not conducive to my mental well being. I have a healthy respect for real work that most of us do.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd be curious how that process would play out. Would it be a repeat of what's going on right now?

I don’t know. If he lost the retention vote, someone else would have to be nominated and elected…so, probably, yes—but according to that thread, that should only be a problem if KM fails to stick to his promises.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I don’t know. If he lost the retention vote, someone else would have to be nominated and elected…so, probably, yes—but according to that thread, that should only be a problem if KM fails to stick to his promises.
    If we can't elect a different Speaker now, it's hard to envision how you'd do it in mid-stream, after committee assignments have been made and loyalties forged. The people he rewarded would stick up for him, and you'd be right back to square one.

I'm also wondering what Jenna Ellis thinks is going to be accomplished by "getting down to work!" She sounds like a total ditz and airhead in that post. The work that will be "gotten down to," with Democrats in control of the other pieces, is the type of stuff we wanted the protest to stop in the first place.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If we can't elect a different Speaker now, it's hard to envision how you'd do it in mid-stream, after committee assignments have been made and loyalties forged. The people he rewarded would stick up for him, and you'd be right back to square one.

I'm also wondering what Jenna Ellis thinks is going to be accomplished by "getting down to work!" She sounds like a total ditz and airhead in that post. The work that will be "gotten down to," with Democrats in control of the other pieces, is the type of stuff we wanted the protest to stop in the first place.
    Yeah…don’t get me wrong, I have little faith this will result in much different. I’m just relaying what I’m seeing out on the net.

Top Bottom