Mayors Against Illegal Guns at Purdue University! Please Help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Anyone who goes should have the gunfacts pdf from gunfacts.info to reference on an electronic device that can read pdf and preferably skip to specified pages so you can quickly use the index (by anti-gun argument). It is a great format because it will have every one of their arguments listed with factual rebuttals to it including citations. Make sure to cite the citations in it and not the document itself.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Just a rule. Right?

Yep, you can carry. But the will assuredly ask you to leave, and you will have to comply or risk an actual trespassing charge. So in this case I would say it would be counterproductive, as you would no longer be able to be there to represent gun owners.

Although they are some smarmy bastards, so for all I know they are holding it in a hall with a daycare hoping to get a couple people arrested...

DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    Crud, I'm a Purdue AAE Alum and this is the first I'm hearing about it.
    Wish there was more warning I can't get out of work and make it there in time. :xmad:

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I wish I could go, but I have 3 kids all by myself tonight and finding a sitter for my special needs son is almost impossible.

I hope the NRA can dig up someone good who can make the 90 minute drive. It would awesome to crash their "come get free pizza so we can shove Bloominidiots propaganda down your young uninformed throats" party.

Seriously though... anyone going TAKE THAT PDF WITH YOU!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I hope the NRA can dig up someone good who can make the 90 minute drive.

It does not take 90 minutes to cross the river.

Matthews Hall? Can I just parking parking garage and cut through campus? Oh, wait, Matthews is right on 26. I'll just walk over after dinner at the Indian joint.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I would NOT carry!

As others have said, they might have a trick up their sleeves for those who do (hidden school zone or something).

At the very least, they will try to out you and base arguments on "those dangerous lawless gun nuts breaking the LAW by bringing guns on campus". Yes I know it is legal, but they have no problem with lying.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    It does not take 90 minutes to cross the river.

Matthews Hall? Can I just parking parking garage and cut through campus?

WOOT! Good to have some attorneys there! Maybe Relford and Ciyou would like to join you. Make sure they dont get away with lying about what the current laws are.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    WOOT! Good to have some attorneys there! Maybe Relford and Ciyou would like to join you. Make sure they dont get away with lying about what the current laws are.

That building does not have a day care in it.I looked at it for daycare for my son when I moved to Lafayette. They are further down on 26.

I would not OC because they will ask you to leave. I know that many of the PUPD think that it's illegal to carry on campus.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Haha, Colion Noir is already in town and set up in Indy...

That would be hilarious. I doubt they would recognize him and would probably rush to let him speak assuming that just because he is black he is a nice little democrat, subservient to their anti-gun crusaid.

BlackGunGuru

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    The Sticks
    I have contacted local gun shops Four Guns LLC, Haleys Lodge and Applied Ballistics. Majority of people I've heard from are wearing Empty OWB holsters to identify each other at the event.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Anyone who goes should have the gunfacts pdf from gunfacts.info to reference on an electronic device that can read pdf and preferably skip to specified pages so you can quickly use the index (by anti-gun argument). It is a great format because it will have every one of their arguments listed with factual rebuttals to it including citations. Make sure to cite the citations in it and not the document itself.

Here's a link to Gun Facts 6.2 (copyright 2013). On my phone now and I'm hoping to head up there tonight. I'd like to meet Kirk and a few others.

http://jpfo.org/pdf03/gun-facts-6-2-screen.pdf

Top Bottom