• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I expanded my late 19th century rifle collection by picking up an Amberg 1887 Mauser 71/84, along with some Bertram brass and even a box of Blue Falcon bullets (though I've got an Accurate mold for a .446 bullet that should work for the gun that I picked up for my Gras).

Anyway, the gun appears to be in decent shape and fully functional... except the extractor claw appears to be broken. So while the lifter and magazine work perfectly, as well as the magazine cut off and safety, I can't extract the shells, turning my gun into a really inefficient single shot.

Numrich appears to be out of stock and for the life of me, I can't seem to find any other places that might have a replacement.

So, anyone else have a line on where I might find a replacement extractor? Or heck, if the price is right, I'd be open to buying a complete bolt if the extractor is good and just keep the rest as spare parts.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Good luck with that one. I have a buddy In Louisiana who has been looking for one for several years now. Depending on how bad it’s broken, you might get someone to weld (micro weld) a hunk back on and shale it properly without affecting heat treatment and springiness.

Top Bottom