• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Wow! That’s crazy. I’ve always wondered how this happens. Bunch of cars stopped ahead and people continue to pile in? How? Why? Was hard to watch when the trucks came barreling in.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I was at the front of one of these about 15 years ago on 69 coming back from Muncie. I was lucky enough to slide into the median before they started putting the cables in and it was pretty surreal watching cars pile up in my rear view mirror. There were no shortage of idiots getting out of their cars to watch.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    We had something like that up here a few years ago.

That's why we can't have nice things.
    Yup. Cant remember if that was the toll road or just 80/94. Near Laporte if I recall correctly. I'd bet 1775USMARINE caused that one

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yup. Cant remember if that was the toll road or just 80/94. Near Laporte if I recall correctly. I'd bet 1775USMARINE caused that one

30+ cars

its been 8 years, so people are worse

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Thankfully ive never been apart of anything like this. Have hit white outs and the whole time i just prayed nobody got scared and stopped in the middle of the road. Has to be terrifying to lose control of a semi like that on ice.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Thankfully ive never been apart of anything like this. Have hit white outs and the whole time i just prayed nobody got scared and stopped in the middle of the road. Has to be terrifying to lose control of a semi like that on ice.
    I used to work for the state highway, its dicey when I was driving the salt truck and hit ice and there happens to be a car coming down the road towards my truck. I went for the ditch just before the car got to me and all was ok, but still thanked God it could have been way worse. Got back on the highway and cranked up my salt.

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    I lived in Dallas fort worth area back in late 80’s and they closed everything for 2 inches of snow . I got pulled over while driving to work cop said it is not safe to drive. I handed him my license and he said oh well we are not use to it so we close everything just be careful . they don’t have a lot of calls for salt trucks and plows .

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    80 mph speed limit plus people thinking the shiny pavement is just wet when it is really ice equals all heck breaking loose.

Top Bottom