Massive grain of salt: coded language in Podesta e-mails related to pedophilia?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    To be fair, I think the issue was tax payers paying for Mapplethorpe and the innovative use of a whip, not whether or not he could create....whatever it is he created.

Is that not a distinction without a difference? ;)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, there isn't really a perfect moment for these kinds of discussions, and I'm not just pulling this idea out of my donkey, but once we decide to spend taxpayer money on "art," the taxpayer then loses the right to decide what art is "appropriate."

Art is art.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I can see the value of that position.

Being related to artists, I also do believe there is a place for government patronage of the arts, but it is quite limited and narrow.
    Commissioning a public monument, for instance.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes. At that point, the choice/decency of the art becomes a political issue.

Carmel has many (many) expensive statutes. That became a political issue. The voters of Carmel opted to continue with the same administration doing the same things.

That's the way the system is set up.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are you trying to imply that the market for his art may have been a bit soft... unlike the subjects of his art?

The bulk of Mapplethorpe's work is not even terribly controversial

Do the Google image search for [mapplethorpe flowers color] (wife is a Master of Fine Arts)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The bulk of Mapplethorpe's work is not even terribly controversial

Do the Google image search for [mapplethorpe flowers color] (wife is a Master of Fine Arts)

Do you really think "the bulk" though would be non-controversial?

I mean, even by todays standards a great deal of his work would make people uncomfortable. That emotional response is why he was popular.

(And yes, this is more than a bit of devil's advocate.) ;)

You mean the art should match the draperies and the furniture?
    C'mon man, INGO isn't THAT bad. Most here would look for something that contrasted with the wall color in neutral tones....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bump to top with updated synopsis. Does smoke equal fire?

The Captain's Journal » Pizzagate

Maybe its my :tinfoil: but I agree it is suspect. Starting to think DC isnt so much a swamp as much as the Cuyahoga river circa June 1969. Nobody wants to light a match for fear the whole place goes up. (So what happens when you publish the story that implicates your boss? Do you still have a job? etc. )

How much is this just fantasy, and how much is it everyone who SHOULD be publishing it ignoring it out of sheer fear? (If I publish this I'll be found dead from an apparent "suicide" from two shots to the back of my head due to the caliber of folks wrapped up in this mess.)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    all the more reason to give it credit. If it was bogus they would have tried to mock it into submission.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Fascinating

That's all I can say

Either it's fascinating that so many people have gotten bogged down in this and are piecing together unrelated things to make a conspiracy OR

it's fascinating because it's only a few steps away from a Ludlum novel

As I get older and have seen a few examples of whistleblowing, I no longer believe nor disbelieve ANY conspiracy theory.

I have come to the conclusion that the old idea that "conspiracies don't work because people can't keep secrets" is total BS

I was a minor whistleblower, to someone I was working for just out of college. What I came to realize is that other people that worked there (or had worked there) got sucked in slowly like I did. You work there for a while before you really understand what is going on. Then you are part of it, so speaking up is worrisome. In my case, I wasn't afraid of being murdered or anything close to that but I was blacklisted in that particular area for my career. Because I was single and not from that state, it wasn't a huge deal for me to leave and get on with my life. But others who were asked to testify had a lot more to lose.

Look also at the situation in Pennsylvania where so-called abortions had actually turned to murdering viable babies. It was a teenage volunteer that blew that whistle: not someone who had became part of the problem.

And as someone said upthread, pedophilia does tend to run strong in the rich and powerful.

Emails though? Even with code, seems a bit too foolish.

Top Bottom