Masks are no longer mandated by the Governor. What businesses are dropping them now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Wait, it doesn't?!
    Years ago, my sister in law bought a house with a pool. She informed me that she was going to add some chemical that would turn the water to a different color if someone peed in it. I informed her that I would definitely be peeing in her pool if she did. She acted all offended, especially when her husband informed her that he would do the same.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was told today by a business owner near Speedway that masks are still the law in Indianapolis as he talked from behind plexiglas without a mask on. Good possibility that I will buy that motorcycle else where. I had been talking to his employee about purchasing when he inserted himself and changed the subject. His employee didn't have a mask on either and had initiated contact with me. People love shooting theirselves in the foot.
    Did you politely inform him as to your intentions....????

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was told today by a business owner near Speedway that masks are still the law in Indianapolis as he talked from behind plexiglas without a mask on. Good possibility that I will buy that motorcycle else where. I had been talking to his employee about purchasing when he inserted himself and changed the subject. His employee didn't have a mask on either and had initiated contact with me. People love shooting theirselves in the foot.

Do your best Pretty Woman impression. "You work on commission, right? Big mistake! Huge!"

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    This describes Bloomington. In excess of 99% compliance everywhere. This town loves the muzzle and will be wearing it until the sun burns out.
    So I heard, yeah. Such a beautiful little town, it's a damn shame.

What truly blows my mind is people wearing masks outdoors... in the rain.
    Give a fool enough rope, he'll hang himself.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Northern Tool on Rt 30 is the first chain store I have been to that has removed all the signs. Spent a fair amount of money there and will be repeating

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I work for a small business, only employee at my location. After Abbott pulled the emergency measures, we still had a sign up for awhile, but owners told me and my counterpart at another location to do what we were was comfortable with. My counterpart at the other location was sure Texas was going to plunge into massive illness (which of course is opposite of what actually happened), so she was and still is gung ho about masks.

Owners very tired of all the anti-covid nonsense. However, we also need customers, so the question is really not about health but about "will we chase away more customers by requiring...or not requiring... masks?" I left the sign up for awhile and watched through the window. Some would have am ask on getting out of their car, but most would walk up maskless, look at the sign, and pull one out of their pocket. I told every customer coming in that I did not care if they wore a mask or not, I would wear one if it made them feel better. VAST majority immediately pulled off their mask (if they were wearing one), and I would ditch mine as well. Only a few kept wearing masks, and that number went down over time.

It was clear around town that people were tired of the mask, and the number of businesses requiring them was dropping rapidly. Only restaurants and some medical offices were requiring them. The feed store I frequent stopped using masks months ago, last year I think, and my veterinary clinic went to "do as you like" around 1st of March. (One of the docs there did get Covid, last August, probably from his nurse wife who worked in respiratory clinic at local hospital. No one else at the vet clinic got it.)

I stopped wearing the mask in my business and pulled down the sign awhile back. Vast majority of people coming in do not have masks on. The few that do, I tell them if it makes them more comfortable I'll wear one, but NONE of them have asked me to. (And some of them end up pulling off the mask during their visit as well).

Top Bottom