Masks are no longer mandated by the Governor. What businesses are dropping them now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Around me it seems like most chains are still requiring them, while most local/small businesses are dropping the requirement. At least one local restaurant has told me they left the sign up but are no longer enforcing it
    That is what most companies around here are doing.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Bigby Coffee in Plainfield reposted as "recommended".

Kroger signs disappeared in both Avon and Brownsburg, but some corporate suit (with a Kroger nametag) attempted to shame my wife on Friday. She rolled her eyes and told him to repost their sign if that's how he felt. He scurried off with his clipboard. I suspect a sign appears a few minutes later.

TSC in Danville has pretty much ignored this nonsense the whole time. They continue.

Whatever the little Mexican place in in Danville lost their sign.

Lowes in the 'burg no longer has a sign on the Contractor entrance or the Lawn and Garden entrance, but does on their main entrance. No idea of enforcement.

I have noticed the same trend as others: national chains default to "please don't sue us" while local businesses default to "please shop here".

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Took my daughter to lunch at Applebee's yesterday, they're still hardcore masking. Need to take a look at mom and pop places, it sounds like. But when the 11-year old wants chicken fingers .... :p

Prowler1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2016
    Bloomington
    Depends where you live. I live in a more liberal county, needless to say they are paranoid here signs are still up mostly requiring masks and only a very few have no sign up at all. I can't even go into the county courthouse and pay my property tax in person because it's considered non-essential business. ???

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    That breastraunt, Mentards, WallyWorld and Applebeast have seen the last of me, unless they start handing out free ammo.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Payless grocery in Lafayette still has the signs and a constant PA message demanding mask use by all as of this morning, The restaurant did not.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    They are saying a business can still require them like a "no shoes no shirt must wear mask" policy. What businesses are not requiring a face diaper in your location?
    No business I know of is requiring them such as grocery stores, hardware, most restaurants etc etc etc. Medical services still require them.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Neither of the Aldi stores I've been to in the Indianapolis area has ever enforced this mask madness.
    They all have the signs, but I have never heard a single comment about me not wearing a face diaper.

I do my shopping fortnightly.
    In the ~10 months since the executive order, I saw 12 people without a mask.
    I pretty much remember most of them, they are that rare.
    If there are, say 50 people in a store at a given time, this means I came across (10 * 2 * 50 =) 1000 people over this period of time and thus that mask compliance in grocery stores in Indianapolis is nearly ( 100 * [1000 - 12] / 1000 = ) 99%.

Ninety-nine percent compliance. This blows my mind. I always thought of the Midwest (notable exceptions notwithstanding) as the bastion of American individualism filled with liberty-loving people.
    Just SMH.
    This describes Bloomington. In excess of 99% compliance everywhere. This town loves the muzzle and will be wearing it until the sun burns out.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I was told today by a business owner near Speedway that masks are still the law in Indianapolis as he talked from behind plexiglas without a mask on. Good possibility that I will buy that motorcycle else where. I had been talking to his employee about purchasing when he inserted himself and changed the subject. His employee didn't have a mask on either and had initiated contact with me. People love shooting theirselves in the foot.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I was told today by a business owner near Speedway that masks are still the law in Indianapolis as he talked from behind plexiglas without a mask on. Good possibility that I will buy that motorcycle else where. I had been talking to his employee about purchasing when he inserted himself and changed the subject. His employee didn't have a mask on either and had initiated contact with me. People love shooting theirselves in the foot.
    He may be stupid to turn away business, but he's not wrong. The mask mandate is still in effect across Marion County.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We made a few large stores today. Lowes in Avon mainly the employees wore them and not all wore them up over the mouth/nose. Just had them on. Maybe 25% of the customers wore them.

Lowes west 10th there were more masked customers but maybe 50% mix. Same on the staff.

Garden store....screw the masks.

Folks are over the lies and :bs:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Do a burnout out front on your new motorcycle you just bought elsewhere while not wearing a mask...

e1a055313aae3e5906cf0b07427a57a8.gif

Top Bottom