Masks are no longer mandated by the Governor. What businesses are dropping them now?

Paul30

Sharpshooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 16, 2012
They are saying a business can still require them like a "no shoes no shirt must wear mask" policy. What businesses are not requiring a face diaper in your location?

idkfa

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 3, 2019
Indy
Neither of the Aldi stores I've been to in the Indianapolis area has ever enforced this mask madness.
They all have the signs, but I have never heard a single comment about me not wearing a face diaper.

I do my shopping fortnightly.
In the ~10 months since the executive order, I saw 12 people without a mask.
I pretty much remember most of them, they are that rare.
If there are, say 50 people in a store at a given time, this means I came across (10 * 2 * 50 =) 1000 people over this period of time and thus that mask compliance in grocery stores in Indianapolis is nearly ( 100 * [1000 - 12] / 1000 = ) 99%.

Ninety-nine percent compliance. This blows my mind. I always thought of the Midwest (notable exceptions notwithstanding) as the bastion of American individualism filled with liberty-loving people.
Just SMH.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Jan 12, 2012
Neither of the Aldi stores I've been to in the Indianapolis area has ever enforced this mask madness.
They all have the signs, but I have never heard a single comment about me not wearing a face diaper.

I do my shopping fortnightly.
In the ~10 months since the executive order, I saw 12 people without a mask.
I pretty much remember most of them, they are that rare.
If there are, say 50 people in a store at a given time, this means I came across (10 * 2 * 50 =) 1000 people over this period of time and thus that mask compliance in grocery stores in Indianapolis is nearly ( 100 * [1000 - 12] / 1000 = ) 99%.

Ninety-nine percent compliance. This blows my mind. I always thought of the Midwest (notable exceptions notwithstanding) as the bastion of American individualism filled with liberty-loving people.
Just SMH.
I have noticed a big difference between Indianapolis/donut counties and most of the rest of the state.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Jan 19, 2009
Places where I work have eased up some, but I still carry one in my pocket and use it if needed.

Cameramonkey

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
May 12, 2013
Camby area
I'm seeing national chains keeping the masks, but local establishments relaxing.

Guitar Works in Greenwood got our business yesterday in part for that. After hearing that the Greenwood Guitar Center was still hassling folks, (they told a friend "Ma'am, you need to pull your mask up over your nose", so not even giving grace for those that are going through the motions, or just trying to keep their glasses from fogging) as well as not being very helpful in general we skipped them and went straight to GW. my wallet is $500 lighter now, but its a great place.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 26, 2011
Mishawaka
Up here in St Joseph County, the county government mandated masks in punlicensed until the end of May. You can tell the Democrats run the country. I thank God I live in Mishawaka.

Butch627

Expert
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Jan 3, 2012
NWI
Up in Lake County everyone still seems to have the signs up but around 1/3 to 2/3 of the patrons are wearing them and no one seems to care. I asked a few store managers and they say corporate says the signs stay but the managers often with their masks under their chins tell me to do what I want. It might make more sense to list the places that will turn you away if you don't wear one. I keep a mask in my pocket just in case but want to see who is making an issue of it.

I am anxious to test out the home improvement and supermarket chains to see who will get my future business.

Anyone been to Cabelas or Bass Pro without masks?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Mar 14, 2013
Earth
I've been in the Cabela's in Noblesville a handful of times without a mask and never had anyone working there say anything about it. And that was prior to the state wide mandate being lifted.

Cameramonkey

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
May 12, 2013
Camby area
I've been in the Cabela's in Noblesville a handful of times without a mask and never had anyone working there say anything about it. And that was prior to the state wide mandate being lifted.
Been there several times in the last week (much to Mrs Monkey's dismay) and this is true. I dont think there is even a sign, and its about a 70/30 mix of masks to no masks on customers.

d.kaufman

Still Here
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Mar 9, 2013
Hobart
Up in Lake County everyone still seems to have the signs up but around 1/3 to 2/3 of the patrons are wearing them and no one seems to care. I asked a few store managers and they say corporate says the signs stay but the managers often with their masks under their chins tell me to do what I want. It might make more sense to list the places that will turn you away if you don't wear one. I keep a mask in my pocket just in case but want to see who is making an issue of it.

I am anxious to test out the home improvement and supermarket chains to see who will get my future business.

I havent worn a mask at either place. No issues

defaultdotxbe

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 21, 2020
Griffith
Around me it seems like most chains are still requiring them, while most local/small businesses are dropping the requirement. At least one local restaurant has told me they left the sign up but are no longer enforcing it

Top Bottom