Marty Brown Memorial Open Round #2 – One Day Pistol (Zionsville, IN) October 1, 2022

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis

Marty Brown Memorial Open Round #2 – One Day Pistol (Zionsville, IN)​

https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2022-oct-1-zionsville-in/

The Marty Brown Memorial Open™ event honors Marty Brown, an instructor with Revere’s Riders who lost a 40-month battle with ovarian cancer in 2017. You can read more about Marty as well as Ovar’coming Together on the Marty Brown Memorial™ page of our website.

50% of ticket revenue (after deduction of range fees and lunch costs) will be donated to Ovar’coming Together to assist in their programs to support women diagnosed with ovarian cancer as well as funding ovarian cancer research. If you would like to make an additional donation, please visit the Donation page on the Ovar’coming Together website.

Swag Bags, Give Aways, Prizes, Auctions​

We are just beginning our solicitation for products that will be available as part of swag bags, give aways, prizes and silent auction. Details will be posted to the 2022 Marty Brown Memorial Open Round #2 Swag Bags, Give Aways, Prizes, Auctions page as they are finalized.

Sign up for our email newsletter using the form in the website footer to be notified of items as we receive them.

Event Overview​

This event will follow the outline of Pistol 100, our introductory pistol marksmanship course based on traditional American service pistol fundamentals. This course lays a sound foundation for students to shoot groups under time pressure from a practical stance. Pistol 100 includes classroom and range time learning to shoot handguns. Students learn:

• Rules for safe gun handling & range rules
    • Pistol parts and operation & ammunition
    • Shooting fundamentals: Five steps to firing each shot
    • Two Handed Grip & Stance: Isosceles, Weaver, and low ready positions
    • Natural Point of Aim
    • Shot Group Analysis
    • Clearing Common Stoppages
    • Whittemore’s Stand Pistol Qualifier
    Prerequisites: None

Estimated Ammunition Required: About 200 rounds of pistol ammunition.

Pistol Requirements: You will need a safe pistol with at least five round capacity to fully participate in this course. Pistols should be of a modern, drop safe design.

Required Equipment: Please review our suggestions for appropriate Pistol 100 equipment and plan to bring the following:

• at least two magazines for your pistol
    • a way to take notes
    • hearing protection
    • eye protection
    • plenty of your preferred method of hydration (both plain water and something to replace electrolytes you will lose via sweating is ideal)
    • clothing appropriate for the weather (loose fitting clothing, especially around the neck, is discouraged as hot brass can lodge against the skin and cause a burn)
    We will not be drawing from the holster in this class and we will run a “cold range.” You will not need a holster to participate in the class activities.

Optional Equipment: The following equipment is not required but may come in handy at the event:

• case for your pistol
    • stapler (and extra staples) to attach your target to the backer board
    • hat with a brim (to deflect flying hot brass)
    • folding chair
    • lunch (included with your ticket price, but you may want to bring your own if you have dietary needs)
    • snacks
    • sunscreen and/or bug spray
    Loaner Firearms: loaner firearms suitable for use at this event are generally available but limited. Please contact the Event Director prior to the event if you would like to request a loaner firearm.

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis

Swag Bag​

Each paid participant at the 2022 Marty Brown Memorial Open™ Round #2 will receive a “swag bag” with an assortment of items. We are making every attempt to create “swag bags” that are roughly equal in value; however, due to limitations in our supply of certain items, each bag will not have identical contents.

Each “swag bag” will contain items similar to the following:

• custom Marty Brown Memorial™ morale patch
    • 2+ additional morale patches
    • 2+ hats
    • ink pens
    • party cups
    • assorted product brochures

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis

Give Aways​

Every paid participant’s “swag bag” will contain an envelope for an additional gift to be revealed sometime during the weekend.

The give aways will include:

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis

Prizes​

We will be conducting several skills contests throughout the 2022 Marty Brown Memorial Open™ Round #2.

Prizes include:

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis

Auctions​

We will conduct several “silent auctions” during the 2022 Marty Brown Memorial Open™ Round #2.

Items up for bid in the silent auctions include:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Bringing my s&w m&p metal. Now has a delta point pro dot on it. Not that it is the end all beat all but it's still new enough it's hard to find to get your hands on. I'll see if I can get it on the line if anyone is interested.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I sadly cannot attend this event but as I still want to contribute, if someone wants to attend but is short on funds I will pay for their spot on the line, as well as 20 shots' worth of tickets for the skills challenges.

I've been in touch with Phil Brown on donating a spot but nothing's come of it yet and time's getting short. So I will make the arrangements happen for the first person to PM me here and make sure the arrangements are made.

The only caveat is that if you win a firearm in the skills contest or the drawing, you call me and tell me what it is and I get first right of refusal on that firearm. So if it's something I want, I get it. If it's not, you get it. (I'm picky so you'll probably get to keep it.)

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Skills contests (4 heats) are $1 per round fired. Closest to dead center wins each heat. There will be a series of shoot offs to determine 1st through 4th place prizes across the winner of each heat.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I'm in. Virgin at one of these events (Marty Brown, not shooting) so be gentle.
    I’m sure we met again today. I’m thinking you got 13/13 and shot the Leopold red dot.
    Another great day regardless. Weather was fantastic as were the folks who showed up and we all raised much needed money for fighting ovarian cancer.
    Huzzah it was a win win.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I’m sure we met again today. I’m thinking you got 13/13 and shot the Leopold red dot.
    Another great day regardless. Weather was fantastic as were the folks who showed up and we all raised much needed money for fighting ovarian cancer.
    Huzzah it was a win win.
    @nad63 Yes, that was me with the Delta Point Micro on an M&P compact. I think I ended with three 13's, and one with 4 "x"'s.

Huzzah indeed! It was a good time.

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Glad you were able to attend and even more importantly that you had a good experience!

Optics were used by nearly all who scored 13/13. One person nailed it with standard sights. One very new shooter very nearly (like 2 mms away) scored a 13/13 using a loaner pistol with standard sights!! That same person also very nearly beat out two highly experienced shooters in the last Skills Challenge :o The quiet, unassuming 13 yr old who started the day by annihilating the "pros" in the first round of Skills Challenge was fantastic! He was also using a red dot on a nice .22. I really enjoy the range of experienced shooters at our events.

This could have been a really nice opportunity for people to take a first peek at an array of optics on very nice .22's :D We should work that into one of the breaks in the future if everyone is willing and time permitting.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Huzzah it was a win win.
    @nad63 I am hoping for a Revere's Riders Rifle .223 (Carbine) course. I didn't have the rifle I wanted to use during the last one, now I do. I will need a way to carry 5.56 mags, but other than that I think I am good on gear.

If another Rifle .223 (Carbine) course makes the schedule, let me know.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Glad you were able to attend and even more importantly that you had a good experience!

Optics were used by nearly all who scored 13/13. One person nailed it with standard sights. One very new shooter very nearly (like 2 mms away) scored a 13/13 using a loaner pistol with standard sights!! That same person also very nearly beat out two highly experienced shooters in the last Skills Challenge :o The quiet, unassuming 13 yr old who started the day by annihilating the "pros" in the first round of Skills Challenge was fantastic! He was also using a red dot on a nice .22. I really enjoy the range of experienced shooters at our events.

This could have been a really nice opportunity for people to take a first peek at an array of optics on very nice .22's :D We should work that into one of the breaks in the future if everyone is willing and time permitting.
    A couple of the Cadre fondled my M&P, and one shot it. I encourage the opportunity to checkout and shoot others pistols at such events. It is an opportunity to try something you might never have even considered previously. Alternatively, you might have an opportunity to try the combination you were salivating over, only to find out that you really wouldn't want to spend the money on it.

Top Bottom