• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    The first event in the Marty Brown Memorial™ series of events for 2021 will be the Marty Brown Memorial Open Round #1 on June 12th at A&A Optics in Liberty, IN. MBMO #1 will focus on rifle marksmanship instruction and will follow our Rifle 125 course of instruction. Participants of all experience levels are invited to attend.

The Marty Brown Memorial events celebrate the life of Marty Brown, an instructor with Revere's Riders, who passed away after a 40-month long battle with ovarian cancer. Since Marty's passing in 2017, Revere's Riders instructors and volunteers have gathered in her memory; in 2019, we began the Marty Brown Memorial series of events to spread awareness of ovarian cancer and raise money to support the ovarian cancer services of Ovar'coming Together, a 501(c)3 non-profit in Indianapolis and the one of the first ovarian cancer specific non-profit organizations in the country.

To date, Revere's Riders has raised nearly $26,000 in donations to Ovar'coming Together. Last year, our donations were critical in keeping many of Ovar'coming Together's programs viable in the face of the negative impact of COVID-19 on their other donations.

The MBMO events feature silent auctions, skills contests, and give-aways of an assortment of firearms related and other items. We are currently in the process of evaluating our donations for assignment to the 2021 Marty Brown Memorial events; when we have completed that process, the complete list of items will be available on the 2021 Marty Brown Memorial Open Round #1 Swag Bags, Give Aways, Prizes, Auctions page of the Revere's Riders website. In the interim, you can get an idea of potential items that will be available via posts to the "2021 MBM Donation of the Day" posts to our blog.

Come and join us for a fun day at the range with a great group of people! You'll probably learn some marksmanship tips (even if you're pretty experienced), get some marksmanship practice, get a chance at winning some great items in the silent auction and skills contest, and maybe even walk away with a give-away item!

Tickets can be purchased on the Revere's Riders website: https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2021-jun-12-liberty-in/

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    We have posted the initial list of give-aways, skills content prizes, and silent auction items that will be available at the Marty Brown Memorial Open Round #1 coming up on June 12th. These include:

The full list is available on the 2021 Marty Brown Memorial Open Round #1 Swag Bags, Give Aways, Prizes, Auctions page of the Revere's Riders website.

We raised nearly $5,000 for Ovar'coming Together during this event in 2020. Let's see if we can an even bigger contribution in 2021 to a very deserving organization...

I hope to see a bunch of INGOers on June 12th!

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Oof, here's another one I wish I could attend.

ATTN: Shooters
    Remember that perishable skill you've been neglecting?
    Here's your chance to get back on the horse, polish up those positions and make Hits Count!

This is 25y, and rimfire friendly. So blame the flyers on the ammo :dunno:

Think you're a crack-shot with that squirrel gun? Prove it w/ Morgan's Challenge.
    I also recommend the full suite of skills challenges. The Laser-Ammo kit is in-house training for the cold months... or you could claim one (or more) rifle kits.

Wanna come support the fight against ovarian cancer? Check out the fabulous silent auction items
    (I'm a fan of the spotting scope & Vortex range training weekend myself :naughty:)

Still not convinced? How about some really nifty give-aways to take home even if you can't shoot well at all?
    Plenty of gift cards from A&A Optics & PSA, or perhaps you'll pull the FREE GLOCK out of the hat.

Just think, you could come home with THREE firearms, a pile of practical shooting skills and a good case of fresh-air poisoning all under $200 (including gas & ammo).

Think of it as an investment: https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2021-jun-12-liberty-in/

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Just over 1 week until MBMO #1...

We can confirm that the "exotic rifles" will make a return this year. The Barrett M82A1 .50 BMG will be on the firing line and waiting for you to throw down a donation and put some rounds downrange. There will probably be a Savage 110 in .338 Lapua as well and a couple of other interesting rifles to boot.

We will also be bringing in a new feature for 2021: a MOVING TARGET! This will be a target suspended from a cable that is remote controlled. For $30, you will get 12 rounds in two single-action revolvers, and a chance to poke some holes in a custom Marty Brown Memorial "cancer sucks" t-shirt draped over the target. Keep the t-shirt for tall tales to your buddies when you get home!

Seriously, this is a fantastic day at the range with a great group of people. Plus you have the chance of going home with some pretty nice items (see the full list on the 2021 Marty Brown Memorial Open Round #1 Swag Bags, Give Aways, Prizes, Auctions page of the Revere's Riders website).

DON'T FORGET TO BRING SOME CASH!

We hope to see you June 12th at the MBMO Round #1!

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    We just added more items from Wheeler Tools to the silent auction! TONS of stuff at this event that will be given away or auctioned off, all to benefit Ovar'coming Together and their ovarian cancer support programs.

Full list of items in swag bags, give-aways, skills contest prizes, and silent auction: https://www.reveresriders.org/shoot...round-1-swag-bags-give-aways-prizes-auctions/

Tickets are still available, but you will need to purchase before the end of the day tomorrow (Friday, June 11, 2021): https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2021-jun-12-liberty-in/

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    A big thank you to A&A Optics for hosting a magnificent MBM event. Fantastic people's coming together and having a good (and hot) day for a great purpose. I saw a lot of smiles today, including my own.

And the chicken was kickin'! Huzzah!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    A big thank you to A&A Optics for hosting a magnificent MBM event. Fantastic people's coming together and having a good (and hot) day for a great purpose. I saw a lot of smiles today, including my own.

And the chicken was kickin'! Huzzah!

This is my favorite shoot of the year. Thanks for coming out and helping raise some money.

Top Bottom