• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Ruger seems to be building a high quality rifle here... those don't come cheap these days. Quality has never really been cheap in the short term. I don't see prices improving in the future either. Especially with the increasing trend of churning out cheaper and cheaper crap for consumers that are perfectly happy being penny wise and pound foolish.
    I plan on looking the Ruglin over when possible. First thing I will check is the inside machining and then material used for carrier, screws and such. MIM, cast or tin stamping won’t do it for me.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I plan on looking the Ruglin over when possible. First thing I will check is the inside machining and then material used for carrier, screws and such. MIM, cast or tin stamping won’t do it for me.
    Might as well save yourself some time and angst. Ruger is almost certainly going to use castings. It's what they do and they are damn good at it, having long used castings in firearm parts with much higher strength and durability requirements than any that will likely be found in the new Marlins.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Interesting to see plans for Marlin in future. I was unaware that Ruger had purchased. What are your guys thoughts? Will you be picking up a Ruger made Marlin?
    Wouldn't mind seeing a stainless steel 1895CB.
    If the price isn't driven sky high.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ok found it quickly. Do you see what I see.

When the three headed dog bought Marlin they bought a whole bunch of stock that was in inventory. Much of this stock was put together and sold to the public. My feelings are that much of this old stock were seconds or thirds that did not meet standards. (This the I'll fitting sticks and drooping barrels common in that time period.

I think they had some reject boxes in the stock also.
    Not reject, regional. Top box goes to places like KY, WV, AR, AL... :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Soft spots for Marlin.

Marlin 39 one of my first .22s that I shot (my dad's). To this day even with the consolidation, still have a Marlin 39, cannot bring myself to sell it, lol.

Marlin 336 in .35 Rem was one of first centerfire guns I carried (my uncle's). Mostly took water heaters with it. Wanted to shoot cows with it but Uncle Sonny said too much of a risk inside the slaughterhouse.

If anyone knows Fudd guns it is Ruger, I wish them luck and look forward to speaking to the Sales Garys at NRAAM this Spring.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Right now lever guns are the new hotness. And the prices reflect that. Everybody wants to send theirs off to somebody like Mad Pig Customs and get some sort of tacticool crap done to it.

That is not anything that I'm interested in. I like the traditional look of a lever gun. But until that craze drops off and Ruger can make more of them the price is going to say high.

I feel lucky that I got mine for $1100 when I did. I've had people offer me $1,500 for it and I'm like nope.

It's too much fun

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    For fun I try to keep the entire mag on a 12 inch round steel plate at 50 yards shooting as fast as I can. As close to dangerous game hunting as I'll ever be. ;)

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    For fun I try to keep the entire mag on a 12 inch round steel plate at 50 yards shooting as fast as I can. As close to dangerous game hunting as I'll ever be. ;)
    I'll bet that game in real life often gets down to 25...

Or maybe I've just watched too many Hollywood movies.

bullcrap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2023
    Paoli
    I
    Ruger seems to be building a high quality rifle here... those don't come cheap these days. Quality has never really been cheap in the short term. I don't see prices improving in the future either. Especially with the increasing trend of churning out cheaper and cheaper crap for consumers that are perfectly happy being penny wise and pound foolish.
    I'm sure they will build a good gun for today's buyers but it won't come close to the quality of the guns built in the 50s and before.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Soft spots for Marlin.

Marlin 39 one of my first .22s that I shot (my dad's). To this day even with the consolidation, still have a Marlin 39, cannot bring myself to sell it, lol.

Marlin 336 in .35 Rem was one of first centerfire guns I carried (my uncle's). Mostly took water heaters with it. Wanted to shoot cows with it but Uncle Sonny said too much of a risk inside the slaughterhouse.

If anyone knows Fudd guns it is Ruger, I wish them luck and look forward to speaking to the Sales Garys at NRAAM this Spring.
    Yep, 336 in .35 Rem with a scope was my first deer gun when I was about 14-15, never got anything that first year with it my but my traps ached after carrying it around all day.

Top Bottom