• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers

Good article and also goes well with the journalist in DC (referenced in other threads) who had to go out of state to get her training after going through a years-old list of trainers who were authorized to give the mandatory training. The woman referenced had a, potentially, imminent threat and no training available. I also liked the idea of the possible benefits for people who take it upon themselves to get more training.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Good article and also goes well with the journalist in DC (referenced in other threads) who had to go out of state to get her training after going through a years-old list of trainers who were authorized to give the mandatory training. The woman referenced had a, potentially, imminent threat and no training available. I also liked the idea of the possible benefits for people who take it upon themselves to get more training.

Emily Gets Her Gun. Excellent read.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Training is a great idea but the problem with mandatory training is the person making the decision on what the training will be some politician that has no idea what the training should be. Case in point the outcome of the training required for the military recruiters. It became a political football and to my knowledge they ended up with an NRA basic pistol course.. A good basic course but nothing taught about drawing and acquiring a target in a timely manner. Problem is and always will be ego. $500 for a pistol, $200 for a case of ammo, $50 for a holster, great deals. When you talk $100 for training so you can effectively use your equipment what you get is "training, we don't need no stinking training".
    Showing a guy a pistol at the range one day and suggested that putting his left thumb behind the slide was not a good idea, he informed me that he had been shooting for 50 years and did not need coaching. Ten minutes later he was at the counter asking for a band-aid for his left thumb.. Bottom line is you can fix stupid. I've never taken a class that I didn't learn at least one thing I didn't know... If you plan on defending yourself or family with a handgun any $$ spent on training from a reputable trainer is money well spent.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Last edited:
    Top Bottom