Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I would have loved to lived this scenario. Unfortunately I was working 6 days a week and th me wife was as well.

The scenario he is depicting is one mostly lived by wealthy liberal quilt ridden elites who could work from home without risk and income loss who suffered little during the lockdowns. They suffered so little they were the catalyst for the whole mask mandates, because it made them feel they were sacrificing by wearing a mask and forcing you too...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The scenario he is depicting is one mostly lived by wealthy liberal quilt ridden elites who could work from home without risk and income loss who suffered little during the lockdowns. They suffered so little they were the catalyst for the whole mask mandates, because it made them feel they were sacrificing by wearing a mask and forcing you too...
    Not really. An awful lot of people in IT could work from home. I assure you I am not a liberal guilt ridden elite. I also didn't agree with the mask mandates or feel like I was sacrificing anything. I think you need to narrow that brush a lot.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not really. An awful lot of people in IT could work from home. I assure you I am not a liberal guilt ridden elite. I also didn't agree with the mask mandates or feel like I was sacrificing anything. I think you need to narrow that brush a lot.
    For Gods sake, it isn't all about you. Did you miss the mostly? Many articles have been written on this topic, including describing who benefited and who didn't. We all have a different perch from where we see the world. I have seen, talked to, and read posts from many that are exactly as I stated, don't think I have ran into any of them on INGO...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For Gods sake, it isn't all about you. Did you miss the mostly? Many articles have been written on this topic, including describing who benefited and who didn't. We all have a different perch from where we see the world. I have seen, talked to, and read posts from many that are exactly as I stated, don't think I have ran into any of them on INGO..

WTH. I never said it was all about me. Chill out. Maybe switch to decaf. Yes, I saw the "mostly". I disagreed with "mostly". "Some" I would agree with.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    WTH. I never said it was all about me. Chill out. Maybe switch to decaf. Yes, I saw the "mostly". I disagreed with "mostly". "Some" I would agree with.

Yep, I agree with some. There are plenty of remote workers that aren't liberals looking to force mandates on the rest of us. While I would imagine there are some, I don't know that it rises to the level of most.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

The use of five "I's" in a short paragraph was about who? A preponderance of evidence ranging from articles, social media posts, and experience dealing with dozens of different people weekly throughout this viromania points to who benefited most from the lockdowns. You are not in the mostly group, though you may have benefited...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The use of five "I's" in a short paragraph was about who? A preponderance of evidence ranging from articles, social media posts, and experience dealing with dozens of different people weekly throughout this viromania points to who benefited most from the lockdowns. You are not in the mostly group, though you may have benefited...
    My use of "I" in my reply was simply proper grammar. I would have spoken about myself in the third person, but that would have been elitist.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    giphy.gif

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    For Gods sake, it isn't all about you. Did you miss the mostly? Many articles have been written on this topic, including describing who benefited and who didn't. We all have a different perch from where we see the world. I have seen, talked to, and read posts from many that are exactly as I stated, don't think I have ran into any of them on INGO...
    If you were in MLB, you'd be batting about .010.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Meh, I’d say it’s probably pretty even. I don’t think occupations correlate to political views, unless you’re a professor teaching lesbian dance theory. I know quite a few people who are working from home now.

Besides. Most liberals don’t work ;)

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Meh, I’d say it’s probably pretty even. I don’t think occupations correlate to political views, unless you’re a professor teaching lesbian dance theory. I know quite a few people who are working from home now.

Besides. Most liberals don’t work ;)

This a general reply not just for Hatin.

The sensitivity of those working from home about it is interesting. I never said anything about any particular occupation and political views, other than they were liberal and lost nothing due to the lockdowns. Probably more like a school teacher, whose unions are still trying to promote lockdowns, but other similar demographics, I can tell you this, the power and influence of the social media engaged is likely what drove the governor to do much of what he did.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You really ought to check out the claim before posting such garbage.

From the AP

This week, a false claim circulated on social media that misrepresented data from Public Health England on coronavirus variants, including delta, a mutation found in more than 80 countries that spreads more easily.

“UK Government data shows you are 745% more likely to die if you have had 2 vaccination doses Vs none at all,” a Twitter post falsely claimed. The post included a screenshot from the public health agency’s data on delta variant infections and deaths, but the data does not support the claim.

From Feb. 1 to June 21, the public health agency documented 92,029 cases of patients infected with the delta variant. Of those patients, 53,822, or about 58%, were unvaccinated and 7,235, or less than 8%, had received both doses of a vaccine.

“If the vaccine didn’t work, you’d expect those numbers to be equal,” explained David Cennimo, an infectious disease expert at the Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. “You’re seeing in the data that the vaccine is working.”

The agency’s data shows 117 people died from the delta variant within 28 days of a positive test, including 44 people who were unvaccinated and 50 who were fully vaccinated.

The Twitter post uses those numbers to falsely claim the data shows people who were vaccinated had a 0.69% chance of dying and people who were unvaccinated had just a 0.08% chance of dying, and the difference between those is 745%. But experts say that form of analysis is invalid because the data does not take into account age of patients and other underlying illnesses.

The math used to interpret the data in the Twitter post “doesn’t make sense,” Cennimo said. “You have no idea how comparable the vaccinated and unvaccinated groups are. It’s not a controlled group. We don’t know who had cancer, who was immunocompromised.”

More than 90% of people over the age of 50 have been fully vaccinated in Britain. The report states that no one under the age of 50 who received two doses of the vaccine died from the Delta variant.

“This same point has been debunked multiple times,” Luke Weeks, a spokesperson from the British agency told The Associated Press in an email. “The data should be interpreted taking into consideration the context of very high vaccine coverage in the UK population, even with a highly effective vaccine, it is expected that a large proportion of cases would occur in vaccinated individuals, simply because a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated than unvaccinated.”

Some of the people who died after being infected with the delta variant may have died of other causes, Weeks explained.

“Individuals in risk groups may also be more at risk of hospitalisation or death due to non-Covid-19 causes, and thus may be hospitalised or die with Covid-19 rather than because of Covid-19,” he said.

___

This is part of The Associated Press’ ongoing effort to fact-check misinformation that is shared widely online, including work with Facebook to identify and reduce the circulation of false stories on the platform.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You really ought to check out the claim before posting such garbage.

From the AP
    The claim stated the last 7.5 months. So mid March to October. Your claim is from February to June, in which time there weren’t as many vaccinated individuals.

I’ll address a few things from your article you posted.

1. The agency’s data shows 117 people died from the delta variant within 28 days of a positive test, including 44 people who were unvaccinated and 50 who were fully vaccinated.

The Twitter post uses those numbers to falsely claim the data shows people who were vaccinated had a 0.69% chance of dying and people who were unvaccinated had just a 0.08% chance of dying, and the difference between those is 745%. But experts say that form of analysis is invalid because the data does not take into account age of patients and other underlying illnesses.

So... they’re not disagreeing with the numbers. They’re disagreeing and saying it’s “invalid” because the data doesn’t take into account the age of patients and underlying illnesses... which, is ridiculous. So now, we’re not gonna count vaccinated deaths based on prior issues or their age? Sounds like fudging numbers to fit an agenda to me.

2. “The data should be interpreted taking into consideration the context of very high vaccine coverage in the UK population, even with a highly effective vaccine, it is expected that a large proportion of cases would occur in vaccinated individuals, simply because a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated than unvaccinated.”

Um. What? With a high amount of the population vaccinated, that means that larger cases will occur in vaccinated individuals? No ****. That’s why we’re saying the vaccine is ineffective, because if such a high percentage is vaccinated and there’s a large portion of cases in vaccinated people, what’s the vaccine doing exactly?

3. Some of the people who died after being infected with the delta variant may have died of other causes, Weeks explained.

“Individuals in risk groups may also be more at risk of hospitalisation or death due to non-Covid-19 causes, and thus may be hospitalised or die with Covid-19 rather than because of Covid-19,” he said.

So why is it they count every death as a Covid death if they’re infected with Covid, regardless of underlying conditions and age, but if they’re vaccinated and die with Covid, they wanna take into account every risk factor they can? It just seems like a major attempt to skew the data. Nothing disagreed with what I said before, it just said we have to take into account other reasons why the vaccinated have such high numbers of deaths vs unvaccinated. It used the excuse “higher vaccinated population means there will naturally be more vaccinated deaths” and “we must look at other risk factors before saying it was Covid”. It just screams agenda, to me.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So why is it they count every death as a Covid death if they’re infected with Covid, regardless of underlying conditions and age, but if they’re vaccinated and die with Covid, they wanna take into account every risk factor they can? It just seems like a major attempt to skew the data.

Heads they win tails we lose...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom