Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I guess I don't get it. Why is it disingenuous and dangerous. It's just a word. Everyone knows what it refers to. "That which we call a rose, by any other name..." :dunno:

I guess the simplest way to express it is using another medical procedure, chemotherapy. If the government, MSM, talking heads, etc. ran around saying “get the wave” to everyone regardless of the fact that only a small percentage of people actually need it, it’s akin to using simplistic terminology to dissuade people from making their own medical choices, when in reality there are numerous adverse consequences for taking part in a procedure that is not medically correct for you.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Please do the math for me so I can get 66%. I am having trouble connecting the dots. I am sure it is me because Bug says I have trouble in this area!
    I think it's a reading comprehension problem, not a math problem. Read down a few posts below mine (#1069). Charts and everything, dude.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I believe it's British in origin
    539926035b53d9039ebc3797e51009c7.gif

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I guess I don't get it. Why is it disingenuous and dangerous. It's just a word. Everyone knows what it refers to. "That which we call a rose, by any other name..." :dunno:
    I agree, but I also think every word gov uses is calculated to trigger a mental response. Jab is short, and sounds harmless. Getting the jab sounds a lot more accepting than get the vaccination. I think they’re pushing that particular word for a reason. But, most of us don’t even pay attention to it, so it’s not something that really bothers me really. They can call em whatever they want, I still won’t get it.

“Get your hugs”

“Uuuurrrrrrgggggg, I’m holding in my inner big red”

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I agree, but I also think every word gov uses is calculated to trigger a mental response. Jab is short, and sounds harmless. Getting the jab sounds a lot more accepting than get the vaccination. I think they’re pushing that particular word for a reason. But, most of us don’t even pay attention to it, so it’s not something that really bothers me really. They can call em whatever they want, I still won’t get it.

“Get your hugs”

“Uuuurrrrrrgggggg, I’m holding in my inner big red”
    The only place I've really heard it called "the jab" has been here on INGO though, honestly (or in links posted here). I haven't heard any .gov commercials calling it that, although if I had I might have tuned them out.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

But the ScIeNcE :n00b:

I'm sure the usual suspects will be along to tout that whole causation not correlation canard to disprove those stories.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom