Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville

Man with bow and arrow kills 5, wounds 2 in Norway​

Ivana Saric
    Ivana Saric

Police on a scene in Norway

Police work at the scene where a man armed with bow killed several people before he was arrested by police in Kongsberg, Norway on Oct. 13. Photo: Torstein Be/NTB/AFP via Getty Images
    A man armed with a bow and arrow killed five people and injured two others in an attack in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg, southwest of the capital of Oslo, Reuters reported.
    Why it matters: This is the deadliest attack to take place in Norway since 2011, when a far-right extremist went on a shooting rampage and killed 77 people, per Reuters.
    The big picture: The suspect is in police custody, having been apprehended about 30 minutes after the attack began, according to the BBC.
    • The attacks happened over a large area of the town, according to The Guardian, and several parts of the city have been temporarily cordoned off by police for evidence gathering, per the BBC.
    • Police believe the man acted alone but will investigate whether the attack constituted terrorism, as they seek to determine a motive, Reuters reported.
    • Police are also investigating whether other weapons were used, per Reuters.
    Of note: Police were temporarily ordered to carry firearms in the wake of the attack, breaking with the norm as Norwegian police are typically unarmed, the New York Times noted.
    • "The police currently have no concrete indications that there is a change in the threat level in the country," the police directorate said in a statement.
    What they're saying: "The reports coming from Kongsberg tonight are horrifying," Prime Minister Erna Solberg told a news conference, per Reuters.
    • "I understand that many people are afraid, but it's important to emphasize that the police are now in control," she added.

My observation:

Horrific, but I wonder if a "good guy with a gun" (cue leftist smirking) had been onsite, this would've been stopped quickly.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    what a tragedy.

On a more practical note he must have used broadheads. There is a reason the Geneva convention banned 3 sided blades, almost impossible to sew up.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Surprised this hasn't happened in the US yet. I mean since the 1870s at least...

We gotta have more archers than Norway?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    what a tragedy.

On a more practical note he must have used broadheads. There is a reason the Geneva convention banned 3 sided blades, almost impossible to sew up.
    I know it's not logical but dang I think I'd rather take a GSW than a broad head hit.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Well those Danes and Norwegians will never get along and the United Nations should vote to occupy Scandinavia.

Top Bottom