Man open carries AR15 and has it stolen at gun point.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Aparently when you open carry, the criminal element knows you have a gun and a few of them may decide to take it from you at gun point. I know this has been discussed here at length, but this is a recent news article on how it just happened. The owner did retrieve a 2nd gun and start shooting at the guy and seemed to get his rifle back. Oddly enough another guy shot the robber after the fact. The climate today is different and the rules are different than they were in prior years. Criminals are emboldened by the current 2 tier justice system of revolving doors for them and charging the good guy with a gun with murder when it is self defense. Clown world seems to have changed how criminals behave.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    A. Short of a trench coat, how exactly would one concealed carry an AR15?

B. I'm all for anyone exercising their rights lawfully in whatever manner suits their purposes or desires. Having said that, it might also be wise to apply situational awareness when doing so. Flashing an AR15 is not materially different from flashing a Rolex. Expect someone to try to get a drop on you. Especially in North St. Louis County. Crime is relatively high in Wellston.

C. Why was the backup gun in the car, instead of on his person?

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I've read this several times. It makes less sense every time I read it.

The victim fled with his rifle while the accused robber, who had been shot several times, remained on the scene. A third man then also shot him, police said.
    Maybe the third man is attached to one of the women bystanders that were hit. Or maybe he just decided, "when in Rome...."

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth
    I've read this several times. It makes less sense every time I read it.

The victim fled with his rifle while the accused robber, who had been shot several times, remained on the scene. A third man then also shot him, police said.
    I was also confused by this part:

unlawful possession of a firearm

Wait, so this criminal was a felon? Why the heck is he out on the streets?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    No. I think violent felons should be executed for their crimes. Non-violent felonies shouldn't even be a thing. If someone is able to be walking around, he should have his rights restored.
    I agree if you can pay a fine and it is no longer a crime…. That shouldn’t be a law to begin with :twocents:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Like the fire triangle, once all components are in the same place at the same time bad things can happen.

1) Person displaying thing of obvious value
    2) Person(s) willing to use violence to obtain item of value from #1
    3) 1+2 sharing the same physical location that #2 feels comfortable acting in.

Guns are items of obvious value, particularly for those who use violence to get things they want routinely. They are not afraid of your gun. A non-insignificant number of them have already been shot at least once.

And this furball ended up getting two bystanders shot as well...

Top Bottom