• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I do not understand the fascination modern women seem to have with making themselves deliberately unattractive.
    It’s been taught for years now, everyone must reduce themselves to the lowest common denominator, in order to be tolerant and inclusive.

I remember when people didn’t want to look like a ****ing freak.

There is no shame or embarrassment anymore, well, at least not at this point in time. I still hold out hope that some day, people will wake up and go “what the hell are we doing, this is insanity”, but I’m seriously doubting it can happen.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yep. It's like the commercials with morbidly obese women extolling their "beauty". And they wonder why America has an obesity problem. I know not everyone can be a supermodel, and that body image is a real thing, but encouraging poor health decisions is not the answer.
    Doubt they are encouraging them. More like Monetizing them. I doubt many of them care how healthy you are as long as you buy their products

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Then when he gets done he can toss it in the recycle bin, and some dude gets paid to collect that stuff so a few others can sort it, and his employer can sell it so mmpsteve can say he prints on 100% recycled card stock. We’ve come full circle people!

Back to the original point, them chicks are fugly!

Just doing my little part for the planet. It's for the trees man!

And if I happen to make a few coins in the process, all the more betterer.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Eh, I'm fine with ads reflecting more realistic reflection of the real world. Guess I'm in the minority on this, but I have no illusions that I'd look good enough to be in an ad.

I guess some folks would rather see a McDonald's ad that shows a representation of something different than what McDonald's act all serves.

mcdonalds-big-mac-advertisements-actual-big-mac-rotated-to-most-11507447.png
    ADDS

1663896147235.jpeg
    Versus Reality
    1663896202123.jpeg
    NOT!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It’s been taught for years now, everyone must reduce themselves to the lowest common denominator, in order to be tolerant and inclusive.

I remember when people didn’t want to look like a ****ing freak.

There is no shame or embarrassment anymore, well, at least not at this point in time. I still hold out hope that some day, people will wake up and go “what the hell are we doing, this is insanity”, but I’m seriously doubting it can happen.
    I guess I don't see that the people pictured in the ad posted look like freaks. I'll give you that they aren't dolled up, but that's different than going out of one's way to intentionally to look like a freak. I see folks like this all around on a regular basis.

That said, I don't agree with anyone needing to impart anything on themselves or others to be inclusive, or to fit in, nor do I really care how someone dresses themselves up or down as long as they don't tread on me or tell me that I have to hire them as a representation of my company, etc if I don't want to.

I definitely see attempts in some ads to try and cater to or market to certain demographics and groups or to be woke, etc.

I just don't subscribe to the thought that the women in the original ad are ugly or should be looked down upon for how they look. I'm not at all trying to be woke, or progressive at all, I guess my standards must just be too low (?)

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I am with the OP, I miss the days when the women where attractive in ads. I am also glad I'm not a young guy trying to find a girlfriend these days. It seems like they all have a ring in their nose, I find it disgusting.

Perhaps it's just me being an old fuddy-duddy, but it seems like the only time you see a white guy in an ad he is either part of a gay couple, or he is playing the idiot in a funny ad. I realize the world has changed, but it just seems over-the-top to me, and I wonder what impact it will have on young men.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    When companies would raise the price but the containers would remain the same size vs leaving the price and making the containers smaller, or raising the price and making the containers smaller.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I am with the OP, I miss the days when the women where attractive in ads. I am also glad I'm not a young guy trying to find a girlfriend these days. It seems like they all have a ring in their nose, I find it disgusting.

Perhaps it's just me being an old fuddy-duddy, but it seems like the only time you see a white guy in an ad he is either part of a gay couple, or he is playing the idiot in a funny ad. I realize the world has changed, but it just seems over-the-top to me, and I wonder what impact it will have on young men.
    Advertising is ridiculous and they (the ones doing it) know it. I noticed a couple years ago on tv land during episodes of mash, bonanza, Andy Griffith, gunsmoke, the ads were quite obviously NOT aimed at the people most likely to watch those shows.

I believe it’s the woke libtards way of putting their garbage in front of an audience that otherwise would never see or hear about their insane agenda and thinking “ha, we’ll show you old boomers”.

I’ve minimized the trash by going to mostly streaming, and next month it will be all streaming, but it still is apparent that the advertising industry is completely woke, liberal, and ridiculous.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Back when companies actually tried to use attractive people in their ads. Good lord, this is a victoria secret mailer in our mailbox full of trash today. I think I’m gonna do a Kramer and opt out of the postal system.
    View attachment 225869

Standards are for the good times. At least 2 of those are a midnight, 2 more a closing time, and if you're on desert scale they are a bunch of knockouts. Gotta have hair, though. Even with a decent BAC, got to have hair.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Standards are for the good times. At least 2 of those are a midnight, 2 more a closing time, and if you're on desert scale they are a bunch of knockouts. Gotta have hair, though. Even with a decent BAC, got to have hair.
    Again we agree.. Everyone likes a different look and I can stand a few ruffles around the edges but they GOTTA HAVE HAIR or I'm out.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I am with the OP, I miss the days when the women where attractive in ads. I am also glad I'm not a young guy trying to find a girlfriend these days. It seems like they all have a ring in their nose ding dong, I find it disgusting.

FIFY

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Looking at advertisements, athletes, & game show contestants, you would think that the population of the US is over 60% black, 30% gay, and 30% biracial.
    I think it was somebody here that posted they had a friend visiting from Australia, and the aussie asked where all the black people were, because he had seen American tv shows and commercials that implied the entire US was black.

Top Bottom