Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if this is a repost.

Man Exercising his 'Open Carry' Right Robbed of Gun he was Carrying
    Gresham Police Dept - 10/07/14

Gresham, Ore -A man who bought a handgun earlier in the day and was openly carrying it, was robbed of the gun by another man who had a gun of his own. The incident occurred October 4 at 2:10 a.m. in the 17200 block of NE Glisan.

William Coleman III,21, of Gresham was talking with his cousin in the area of 172nd and Glisan, while openly carrying his new purchase. He said a black man, about 19 to 23 years old, approached them and asked for a cigarette. The man eventually asked about the gun, then pulled a gun from his waistband and told the victim, "I like your gun. Give it to me." Coleman handed over his gun and the suspect left on foot eastbound.

The suspect is described as a light-skinned black male, 19 to 23 years old, clean cut with a small patch of facial hair on his chin, short black wavy hair and "skinny." He was about six-feet one inch and was wearing grey sweatpants, a white t-shirt and flip-flops.

The weapon he used in the robbery was described as a possibly semi-automatic, black gun. The gun that was stolen is a black Walther brand, model P22. It is semi-automatic and .22LR-caliber.

Anybody who may have information on this case is asked to call the Gresham Police Tips line at 503.618.2719.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've heard of this same thing happening to people walking out of Don's Guns with a bag/box in their hands.

Great big target.

When I go to buy a new gun I'm ALWAYS carrying.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've heard of this same thing happening to people walking out of Don's Guns with a bag/box in their hands.

Great big target.

When I go to buy a new gun I'm ALWAYS carrying.

Me too and my SA is on full spidy sense alert.
    Never let anyone inside you circle that you do not know. The cigarette ploy is as old as cigarettes.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Open carrying a .22 - Strike 1
    Out on a street corner at 2:10 a.m. - Strike 2
    Drawing the gun in order to hand it over to some punk, but not using it to defend yourself - Strike 3

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Would INGO have handed over the firearm same as the victim? Or would you have chosen another route?

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Again....What a total Dumb A$$

Have you ever had someone get the drop on you and hold you at gun point? I have. It is easy to sit at our keyboards and admonish those who have been had. Not so easy when you have walked the walk. Don't bother to call me a dumb ass for not having SA. Or telling me you are 100% of the time SA.

Top Bottom