8620 E. 21st Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​

Sgt. John Perrine
    Public Information Officer
    317-899-8287
    DATE: January 26, 2022​

Indianapolis, IN - January 22, 2022 at approximately 11:18 p.m., the Indiana State Police Dispatch Center began receiving emergency calls about vehicles intentionally blocking traffic on I-465 near 56th Street on the city's east side. Callers were reporting several cars were lined up across the lanes to stop traffic so other vehicles could race. Troopers responded to the area and observed what appeared to be an organized street race occurring. One of the vehicles that was blocking traffic was pulled over and the driver was subsequently arrested. 25 year old Martin Green of Indianapolis now faces the preliminary charges of:
    • Obstruction of Traffic with a motor vehicle - level 6 felony
    • Driving While Suspended with a Prior Suspension within 10 years - Class A Misdemeanor
    Green was allegedly using his vehicle to block oncoming traffic in the northbound lanes of I-465 to allow other vehicles in his group to race.
    Investigators believe the groups involved in this street race are also responsible for a similar event that occurred September 25, 2021, which Mr. Green allegedly participated.
    The charges listed are preliminary, actual charges will be determined by the Marion County Prosecutor's Office upon review of the case. All suspects are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in court.
    The Indiana State Police would like to encourage the public to report reckless or aggressive driving by calling 911. This investigation is ongoing and there is no further information to release at this time.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    On the subject of street racing; I’ve recently gotten an almost new Dodge Challenger RT. Everyone acts stupid when they get next to that car. I got moms in mini vans and kids in civics trying to run me off the line.

It’s obnoxious, especially when 2 minutes ago they were the slowpoke clogging 465.

Never had this problem when I had a Tesla (which was way faster).

Lpherr

Occupied
    On the subject of street racing; I’ve recently gotten an almost new Dodge Challenger RT. Everyone acts stupid when they get next to that car. I got moms in mini vans and kids in civics trying to run me off the line.

It’s obnoxious, especially when 2 minutes ago they were the slowpoke clogging 465.

They just want to get in front of you to hold up traffic again, and **** you off.

Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012

You sold your tesla? Make a profit?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Then they should open it up to the public every Tuesday night for a few hours….
    IRP just west of Clermont Ind.
    Every Wednesday night is streetcar night. Run what ya brung.
    It's safe. Ambulance is on site for the duration. Great 1/4-mile facility.

Most of those who run out on the interstates have no desire for anything resembling an organized event. Rules/safety etc do not entice those guys at all.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

So, even though the Tesla was way faster I’ll bet the RT is way more fun.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    IRP just west of Clermont Ind.
    Every Wednesday night is streetcar night. Run what ya brung.
    It's safe. Ambulance is on site for the duration. Great 1/4-mile facility.

Most of those who run out on the interstates have no desire for anything resembling an organized event. Rules/safety etc do not entice those guys at all.
    I always wonder how those Memphis Street Outlaws guys get away with it...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I always wonder how those Memphis Street Outlaws guys get away with it...
    That is all scripted. The street is shut off by contractual agreement with the city/county. There has to be safety people on site. Waivers are signed.
    Street outlaws run in an industrial park with their permission. I believe it is in front of the shop where the Fireball Camaro resides.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is all scripted. The street is shut off by contractual agreement with the city/county. There has to be safety people on site. Waivers are signed.
    Street outlaws run in an industrial park with their permission. I believe it is in front of the shop where the Fireball Camaro resides.
    I figured it had to be something like that, but they sure like to give the impression that they're just out on some public street (albeit isolated and rarely traveled). They also sure don't show any safety personnel on site. They make it look like everyone just meets up on some desolate stretch of highway somewhere and have at it.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

I had a new 2006 Daytona, with the smaller 5.6l Hemi. But I had the same experience as you, rooster. We lived in the Chiraq suburb of Naperville at the time, and it seemed like every other day a soccer mom in her Honda Pilot, or high school kid in his Subaru Imprezza with fart can mods wanted to do the stop light 1/4 mile with me. Being old even back then, I politely refused. Most of the time.

The funniest thing was when a Karen before her time, driving some little Japanese **** box, was next to me at a red light. She looked at me, looked at my car, and *flipped off my car*. Double-barrel birds. Being the mature 50 year-old that I was back then, I let her creep ahead of me, at which time I maneuvered into here blind spot, slipped the GoManGo into neutral, and floored the accelerator. Between the full-throated roar of the Hemi, the cold air intake, and exhaust system modified to have nothing between the cat and the tips but some good old-fashioned Cherry Bombs, the roar was impressive. She almost poked a hole in her roof with her noggin as she jumped offa the seat. Then I smiled and waved buh-bye. I was so immature back then.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

What?

What are you going to say next?

That reality TV shows are not reality?

Top Bottom