• ...and so much more!
  • Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    Recommend them ?
    Yeah I think they’re probably the best training organization in the region and you’d be hard pressed to find the variety of classes they offer any where else.

They have an outdoor range so they aren’t limited like a standard indoor range. They can pull up vehicles on the range to shoot from, setup various barricades and structures and they tend to rent out different office spaces/venues to conduct their fighting in structures class and their response to active shooter courses.

They’ve also got their own organization (CCRT) that you can join. If I remember correctly it’s $200 a year and for that you get all the basic level 1 courses for free and generally a $100 discount on the other higher level course.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    Yeah I think they’re probably the best training organization in the region and you’d be hard pressed to find the variety of classes they offer any where else.

They have an outdoor range so they aren’t limited like a standard indoor range. They can pull up vehicles on the range to shoot from, setup various barricades and structures and they tend to rent out different office spaces/venues to conduct their fighting in structures class and their response to active shooter courses.

They’ve also got their own organization (CCRT) that you can join. If I remember correctly it’s $200 a year and for that you get all the basic level 1 courses for free and generally a $100 discount on the other higher level course.
    Thanks for the info brother really appreciate it.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    Cost is low. I was wondering about professionalism and safety concerns, myself, not having heard of them before.
    I'm going to a formal training of theirs on Feb 4th I'm gonna discuss other courses with them while I'm there. I'm more than likely gonna take there level one rifle and try them out. Unfortunately like most places you have to do there classes in order regardless of prior experience.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have been to two with two different instructors. Last one was carbine and pistol with Adam Smith and it was awesome. Safety was enforced strongly at both.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    Gentlemen, yesterday I went through the fundamentals of a church safety officer course offered by MALC. I must say it was a great course,that I highly recommend for those who may be on your church safety team. Will be attending several of their rifle and handgun courses through the summer.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have taken the following classes with CCRT/MALC

Introduction to Tactical Medicine (MALC Institute)
    Introduction to Defensive Handgun (MALC Institute)
    The AR Fighting Platform (MALC Institute)
    Basic Suturing (MALC Institute)
    Hand Gun Law with Marc Halata

I'm not near Edinburgh so most classes were Lake/Porter Co with the exception of DHG and AR which were near Monticello.

I do have access to a lot of medic type classes already but nothing like field suturing. The classes were very affordable, a good mix of instructors who didn't tell war stories all class and provided a well thought out, structured curriculum.

I would say there are groups of folks who may not have a similar fire service background or LE mindset but absolutely want to do something in an event besides filming with their cell or clutching their pearls. This may be an excellent route for them to take for decent training. I especially enjoyed listening to Mr Halata.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've taken a number of classes through MALC since 2018 and I highly recommend. The owner of the company is retired Navy and he provides training to Military, government Agencies, and Law enforcement departments. But he also has a desire to make this information available to Civilians, hence the name MALC.

As someone noted, the cost of the training is very reasonable. I follow John Lovell/Warrior Poet Society on Facebook and when I saw his organization was offering training in Muncie, I was curious. The cost for a one day class was more than twice the cost of a two-day MALC class. Yikes! The reviews were great, but I am still waiting to win the lottery.

My take on why the classes are reasonably priced is that the amenities are spartan. In the winter, the classroom isn't very warm. In the summer, the AC isn't super cold. At the range, there are weeds growing in the shooting bays and the bathroom is just a porta-john. But the training content is really good and the instructors have always been serious about safety. The more advanced shooting classes are taught by (at least in my experience) former Special Forces or Law Enforcement instructors.

If you take a class and decide you are definitely going to take more, as Viking Fires mentioned, you should consider joining CCRT (Civilian Crisis Response Team). I joined to get the MALC class discount, but have really enjoyed the camaraderie of being part of a group of like minded people.

https://www.7ccrt.org

If you have questions, feel free to send me a message.

Cmak85

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have taken five rifle classes some twice and the training just gets better, it might not be the high speed low drag HSP class we all think we need but its is 100% worth the money.

44blam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2023
    Nashville
    MALC provides very good training. I joined 7ccrt just because I know I will take more than one class a year. So far, I've done defensive pistol 1&2, defensive rifle 1&2, Libre knife fighting (very recommended), Civilian Response to Active shooter, and Situational / Behavioral Awareness. The Civilian Response to Active Shooter is a must if you are carrying - you will be surprised at your responses in the drills.

I also trained at Front Sight in Nevada and I can say that the training is every bit as good if not better.

I'm lined up for a bunch more classes because they really are good and interesting. For the learning experience, they are well worth the money -- especially with the 7ccrt membership.

Top Bottom