• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thank you for your response, I think I confused suppressor with a silencer, I Just looked up and seems like there is a long process for a SILENCER, not a suppressor
    A suppressor is a silencer.
    We don't use "silencer" because they really don't "silence" the weapon. Except in the movies.
    A suppressor/silencer will lower the noise ABOUT 30dB.

Something like 160 dB to 130 dB.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know, but I'm trying to buy an import one and it literally always out of stock and appears once per 6 months on websites like this
    Ask questions like you are doing.
    Make contributions to threads.

There's always the Politics section. But if you go there, have a thick skin.
    Some people let comments there get under their skin, they blow up, and then get banned.

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    A suppressor is a silencer.
    We don't use "silencer" because they really don't "silence" the weapon. Except in the movies.
    A suppressor/silencer will lower the noise ABOUT 30dB.

Something like 160 dB to 130 dB.
    Wait, now I think I don't understand something, is silencer/ suppressor same thing or different? And no matter if it is a "silencer" or suppressor, both need to be "legally" obtained?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Here is where we post how long people wait for NFA (ATF) approval

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Ask questions like you are doing.
    Make contributions to threads.

There's always the Politics section. But if you go there, have a thick skin.
    Some people let comments there get under their skin, they blow up, and then get banned.
    Nah man, I prefer to live peacefully and not argue with people, like come on, we all here like guns, why would we fight

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I see now, I thought Silencer makes it more quiet, and the suppressor helps with recoil, Yeah seems like I played COD with PUBG too much
    You’re probably thinking of a compensator which reduces barrel rise after a shot by sending some of the combustion gasses out of the top of barrel to “ Compensate “ for the end of the barrel to rise.

Edit: act beat me to it

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I don't know which surprises me more: the fact this thread wasn't sexual...or that it's still not after two pages.

I mean, those first 3 sentences had potential...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Update...

He got his suppressor back, test fired it, and immediately peeled the jacket off a 9mm. He called Griffin, told them what happened, and they asked if he was taking the 30 caliber baffle out. Nope. So, it was user error, but I think Griffin should be a lot clearer on different configurations. I have an optimus and I never knew about the 30 caliber baffle...

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    those first pics that thing was a mess inside....mine says to clean it every 100 rds sure it wasn't plugged up and caused it to blow the end off????

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    those first pics that thing was a mess inside....mine says to clean it every 100 rds sure it wasn't plugged up and caused it to blow the end off????
    No. If you're set up for rifles, the first baffle is for 30 caliber. If you try to put a 9mm round through, it causes big problems. Like I said, user error, but Griffin could do a better job explaining different configurations.

Top Bottom