• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm not sure about the configurations. I only use it for rifle, so I've never paid attention. He called after the second time where he peeled the 9mm jacket and only then did they ask about the 30 caliber baffle.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    A muzzle brake and compensator are two words for the same device that reduces recoil and muzzle rise.

Yes. And there is no difficult process to follow to buy a compensator / muzzle brake. You can buy them from hundreds of different sites with immediate shipping. (Just find one that fits your gun.) I bought one off eBay a while ago for one of my rifles and was happy with it.

Suppressor / silencer is an NFA item, and as mentioned above requires an annoying multi-step process and a long wait. Compensator / muzzle brake is just a machine part, and is not restricted in any way.

vtnewbie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2019
    Vermont
    Wait, now I think I don't understand something, is silencer/ suppressor same thing or different? And no matter if it is a "silencer" or suppressor, both need to be "legally" obtained?
    Hope I'm not off-track here, but are you perhaps thinking of the term "flash suppressor" when you say "suppressor"? A flash suppressor is not subject to the special taxes and licenses of the 1934 Firearms Act. A flash suppressor does not diminish the sound of the firearm firing, just the flame/flash coming from the muzzle.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    There's a reason that in my range bag there's a welding glove.

Unless you like having your had look like Toht's hand in Raiders of The Lost Ark...
    I carry both a welding glove and a small "welding blanket." The blanket is nice if you have to pack-up quickly.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    If the serialized tube is damaged, you have to start the whole application process over again with corresponding wait, and pay another $200 for the new tax stamp associated with the replacement tube - don’t ask me how I know this

Top Bottom