• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    What I saw on the Denver News 9 website (an NBC Affiliate) was perhaps a few hundred at the start. Then it began to rain mid-afternoon and they all scattered. It was like a baseball game rainout. Reporter also found out many were hard-core anti-gun protestors that had rolled in from out of town, and there was disappointment local Denver turnout wasn't very high. They're supposed to be back at 8 AM tomorrow morning (Mountain Time). Organizers are claiming it's going to gain steam with a tsunami of thousands joining the cause. I'm predicting much fewer locals than today.

In the meantime, Governor Polis allegedly stated there would have to be a huge Disaster or major Emergency of some kind to justify such an Executive Order. Seems he doesn't know about the 2006 Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act that was incorporated into an appropriation bill in 2007, after New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin attempted a blanket gun seizure by Executive Order during Hurricane Katrina in 2005 (that was stopped by Federal Court Injunction). U.S. Virgin Islands Governor Kenneth Mapp tried it in 2017 using his National Guard with an Executive Order a few days before Hurricane Irma hit the islands. He was bitch-slapped publicly with instant threats of lawsuits and had to immediately walk it back. I'm astonied by the ignorance of some governors.

Last edited:

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    .......I'm astonied (sic) by the ignorance of some governors.

Really?

No, I'm serious.
    Really?

Compared to their voter pool, which struggles to remember to breathe, many lib govs are practically erudite.

Congress is an entirely different story, however.
    I'm waiting for one to caution against too many protesters gathering in Denver, lest the Rocky Mountains sink into the ground.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Really?

No, I'm serious.
    Really?

Compared to their voter pool, which struggles to remember to breathe, many lib govs are practically erudite.

I'm waiting for one to caution against too many protesters gathering in Denver, lest the Rocky Mountains sink into the ground.
    Egad! The entire Front Range could collapse onto Denver!! I was merely astonied, not utterly gobsmacked.

BTW: "astonied" is a real word. Methinks it's not used much nowadays. Been at least a fortnight since I last used it. Some might see it as often as once per lustrum; others only once per indiction, if that often.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/astonied

Free vocabulary lesson for the week. :)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Egad! The entire Front Range could collapse onto Denver!! I was merely astonied, not utterly gobsmacked.

BTW: "astonied" is a real word. Methinks it's not used much nowadays. Been at least a fortnight since I last used it. Some might see it as often as once per lustrum; others only once per indiction, if that often.

Do mind the sardonicism.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment

Properly chastised, I will bow obsequiously and back out of the room..........
    grovelling......... grovelling....... nay, Sire....I am not worthy of the investment of your wrath.........let not your Spirit be diluted with an irritation at my countenance, nor your Essence diminished by troubling at my misdeed.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Really?

No, I'm serious.
    Really?

+1 to 2tonic for using the word "erudite" on INGO.

Don

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.

Double ditto to JAL.

If we keep this up we will be acutely farsighted with shrewd discernment.

Don

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Tuesday, June 6th, it appears the numbers were significantly fewer than yesterday. Finding any current press coverage on it is now all but impossible. It's as I had expected.

Top Bottom