Magpul making dust covers (easy install)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I would be REALLY into these if they made them with caliber designations written on the inside/outside. I have ARs in 6.5G, .300BLK, 7.62x39 and .223/5.56 and I have purchased traditional dust covers with caliber markings to put on each. However, the process of removing the existing dust cover and replacing it without removing the hand guard and (sometimes) barrel nut is a PITA. This is a great solution.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Magpul has a gift for coming up with ideas for products you never knew you needed, and then somehow can't live without. Ha, ha.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... However, the process of removing the existing dust cover and replacing it without removing the hand guard and (sometimes) barrel nut is a PITA. This is a great solution.

Typically, I remove the split ring from the front of the pin that holds the dust cover in place, and then pull the pin to the rear, past the forward assist to remove it.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Strike industries has something similar out for a few years now.
    Yeah, I bought a few of the unpopular colored ones for cheap. Less than 10 bucks each I think.

Nothing wrong with them at all. Little SI logo in the corner, but I can't hardly tell.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Times sure change. When some gun manufacturers started putting plastic on guns, people hated it. The aftermarket soon came up with metal replacements to upgrade if the gun was popular enough. Here we have a plastic part, replacing a metal part being considered an upgrade. Different times.

Top Bottom