• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    does any one know where i can buy magpul followers in bulk and which ones are truly the best i have 30 yr. old mags with black followers and want to swap them out to avoid feeding problems thank you for your help

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    They come in Magpul mags, about $8 each if you shop. Magazines are EXPENDABLE items, to have 30 year old ones is ridiculous on a whole new scale? I’d be more worried about bad feed lips.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I know what he was talking about, I was just pointing out the absurdity of keeping/rebuilding 30 year old magazines when there are much better options available.

So you were worried about bad feed lips on metal magazines?

I prefer to answer the OP’s question first then offer additional advice...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    does any one know where i can buy magpul followers in bulk and which ones are truly the best i have 30 yr. old mags with black followers and want to swap them out to avoid feeding problems thank you for your help

I think that is a good idea. May be false economy, especially when I just paid $8/ea. for a dozen EPMs last gun show,but I bought one of those oversized freezer bags pull of Magpul followers at a gun show in Indianapolis years ago.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They come in Magpul mags, about $8 each if you shop. Magazines are EXPENDABLE items, to have 30 year old ones is ridiculous on a whole new scale? I’d be more worried about bad feed lips.

It's ridiculous until another mag ban comes around and they suddenly become worth 50.00+each.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It's ridiculous until another mag ban comes around and they suddenly become worth 50.00+each.
    Then you’ve already cut into your profit margin by a couple dollars each by replacing the parts? That’s NOT how you become a billionaire magazine baron. Saving magazines from the last ban that you paid $50 for and selling them in the next ban for $50 after replacing the followers is still a net loss?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    200   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    His mags may be 30 years old, most likely not used often.
    Thanks for the links Gentlemen, I will buy some. I have G.I. mags with the green followers that replaced the black ones.

Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    the mag still work fine just wanting too update

thanks i looking for at least 40 hopefully i will find a deal

thank you sounds like a decent deal

i looked at the last 1500 gun show and did not find any but i may have over looked them

i sure hope they never reach that price.. that makes me thank that maybe i should buy a few extra

that is what i am wanting to do just up grade,, the plastic mags don't fit in my older but in great shape mag pouches

thanks some one else told me there is site with 10 for $12.50 thank again

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom