• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Anyone have one? What are your thoughts? Accuracy? Reliability?

pix1344071453.jpg

P.S.
    I don't have one for sale, this is a photo off of another site. This information is being requested for a personal firearms purchase.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you're considering this purchase as a "carry weapon", I'd advise you to search for holsters and extra magazines first. If they can be found easily enough...then I say "go for it"! It's a product from a relatively well-known and reputable company.

-J-

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looks good. The slide seem short (top to bottom distance). The levers look like they could snag. Same with tail. Otherwise looks spiffy.

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I just bought a Baby Eagle 9mm full sized steel framed about a month ago. I've only put about 150 rounds through it but its awesome. Its very accurate and extremely comfortable. I'm never going to sell it, thats for sure.

jericho03b.jpg

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I've had a MR "Baby Eagle" 9mm Full Size since about February.

picture.php

I've only got about 200 rounds through it since then but it has been an absolute blast to shoot. Very accurate and very comfortable. Unfortunately, I'm finding that I'm not shooting it as much as I thought I would. You will probably be seeing a WTS ad, to fund another purchase, on this forum within the next week or so once I get on my week rotation off work.

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've had a MR "Baby Eagle" 9mm Full Size since about February.

I've only got about 200 rounds through it since then but it has been an absolute blast to shoot. Very accurate and very comfortable. Unfortunately, I'm finding that I'm not shooting it as much as I thought I would. You will probably be seeing a WTS ad, to fund another purchase, on this forum within the next week or so once I get on my week rotation off work.

Ill be looking out for this :yesway::yesway:

Gooch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have an older MR BE in .40 with steel frame. It is a little on the heavy side but it is dead on accurate. I love it. Will probably buy a poly frame one when I can.

Cantbephaded04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Yea i bought the first full size baby desert eagle .40 in chrome about 8 months ago. The gun is amazing. It is ergonomically correct beleive it or not, accurate in my opinion even though I am not. It is a little bit on the heavy side by I have always favored steel rather than plastic, i mean polymer. I wanna feel like I am actually holding a gun rather than a toy.

I carried it daily for months didn't bother me a bit. Couple months after I bought it they released the baby eagle II. Timing was a little off cuz I would have loved to have that accessory rail but bottom line is, great gun and I would sell my car for money before the eagle.

P.S. Sold my car last week, needed the money kept the eagle.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Ok I bought the full size polymer Baby Eagle 9mm from iamaclone45 that is pictured in this thread. Took it to the range today and I like it. Great feel, very accurate... but it does have one annoying problem.

When I go to chamber the first round, it gets caught and doesn't in all the way, I end up having to manually push the slide forward to get the first round in. This happened every time I used the gun. Once I start firing, however, I don't have any feeding issues with it whatsoever. One of the guys working at the Eagle Creek range told me that Baby Eagles tend to have a very weak recoil spring from the factory and I should get a stronger one. He recommended Wolff Gunsprings. My problem is I go to their site and try to find the spring for this gun and cannot find it.

This gun is made by IWI (Israel Weapons Industries), but it is not on their list of products. Does anyone happen to know what spring I need for this?

Thanks

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    When I go to chamber the first round, it gets caught and doesn't in all the way, I end up having to manually push the slide forward to get the first round in. This happened every time I used the gun. it.

Thats weird. It never did this with me. I only put a low round count through it but I would have thought I would have seen this. Does it do this when you use the slide release lever to release the slide with a loaded mag? I think I probably used my hand to guide the slide closed so I wasn't ramming the slide. Have you tried loading the magazine with one less round? Maybe a fully loaded magazine is causing too much tension? Maybe polishing the feed ramp would solve the issue.

Had I known this was a problem I surely would have let ya know.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Thats weird. It never did this with me. I only put a low round count through it but I would have thought I would have seen this. Does it do this when you use the slide release lever to release the slide with a loaded mag? I think I probably used my hand to guide the slide closed so I wasn't ramming the slide. Have you tried loading the magazine with one less round? Maybe a fully loaded magazine is causing too much tension? Maybe polishing the feed ramp would solve the issue.

Had I known this was a problem I surely would have let ya know.

I'm sure you would have, it's not a huge deal really, I'm sure I can get it resolved. I really like this gun, I'm glad I purchased it from you. I'm just trying to figure out where to get this spring.

I tried both releasing the slide via the lever and manually releasing by pulling the slide. Either way, the round gets caught just before it goes in. I then have to push the slide forward slightly to get it to load the round the rest of the way. The round is like almost completely in the barrel when it gets stuck so I don't think it is the feed ramp. I was only putting 10 rounds in the mag when shooting so it's not that either.

I was shooting some rather old UMC ammo, don't know if that had anything to do with it. I'll try the stronger spring, and a feed ramp polish if that doesn't help. I think it might just be the spring because it feels rather weak to me anyway when I pull the slide back, compared to other guns I have. Once I start firing, I have no feeding issues at all.

mikebaker1129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Houston ,TX
    On the wolf website ,take a look under CZ75.
    You will find some for the Witness,Eaa,springfield P9,Tanfoglio.
    The BE is a clone of the CZ75,but the springs you are looking for should be the same as for the Italian made clones:Witness,Eaa,springfield P9,Tanfoglio.
    Hope this helps!
    Mike

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    Magnum Research is now owned by Kahr Arms. They have released another design in the "eagle" family that has been named "Mr. Eagle". I cant quite remember the exact specs on it, but I do remember that it was intended to compete in the wondernine genre having many similar feature designs to the modern Glocks, M&P's, and XD's. Joshua

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Didn't Kahr buy out this company?
    I was thinking I read that..............

joshuametivier - is right the Kahr did buy out MRI. The good thing is that they are going to import the steel framed Baby Eagle again. I haven't been able to find a good used .45 acp and it good to know that I will be able to get a new one soon.

No clue on what the prices are going to look like, but I imagine they will be around or a little less than the similar CZ offering.

Top Bottom