• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I ran outa money for what i wanted in the upper, so i had to settle for a $300 complete upper built i believe by the shop i bought it from outa ohio. Very nice upper. Was a 16" with 12" free float handguard.
    Oh I understand.
    I'm just saying the tooling is not overly expensive.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Oh I understand.
    I'm just saying the tooling is not overly expensive.
    Yea i was guna buy a cheap tool kit that sone of the guys years back said was good enough. Perhaps some day when thing go right. I still have 3 lowers that are topless.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Got the .300 BLKOUT finished. Now onwards to the .350 legend. Any thoughts on barrel length, upper style. Thinking of using a right side charging handle upper, pros vs cons. Not worried about being tactical. Never had a deer charge me yet, nearly had 4 does run over me being chased by a pack of dogs. Just would like opinions, good solid info is worth its weight in ammo.<><Duce

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Got the .300 BLKOUT finished. Now onwards to the .350 legend. Any thoughts on barrel length, upper style. Thinking of using a right side charging handle upper, pros vs cons. Not worried about being tactical. Never had a deer charge me yet, nearly had 4 does run over me being chased by a pack of dogs. Just would like opinions, good solid info is worth its weight in ammo.<><Duce

Attachments

• 20230309_180409.jpg
      20230309_180409.jpg
      569.8 KB · Views: 14

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Treat the .350 like you did the .300 and you'll be fine. BCA has .350L uppers (both right side charging and regular) in stock. I am in the process of putting a 16" .350L build together for a buddy. I am gonna use the right side charger on it. They have a good reputation.
    https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/35...ine-15-handguard-scg2-nrail-spiral-flash.html
    My AR Stoner 16" barrel from Midway, which I believe is a BCA, shoots about 2 MOA with Winchester 150 grain Deer Season XP and Hornady 165 FTX. I have some Winchester 180 SP and want to try some other loads as well. I went with an AT3 Tactical slick side upper and 15" SPEAR M-LOK rail for my rifle.

Attachments

• .350 Legend Deer Rifle current RS.jpg
      .350 Legend Deer Rifle current RS.jpg
      723.8 KB · Views: 6
    Last edited:

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    I looked at BCA and picked up a barrel 18" and a rgt hand upper with BCG. I'm getting into this building thing, just a few more parts. I love my leverguns and my boltguns.
    ARs are starting to grow on me, never thought a semi auto could be that consistently accurate, I have owned about half a dozen. Now gotta find some appropriate optics, not trying to hit anything a mile off. <><Duce

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I looked at BCA and picked up a barrel 18" and a rgt hand upper with BCG. I'm getting into this building thing, just a few more parts. I love my leverguns and my boltguns.
    ARs are starting to grow on me, never thought a semi auto could be that consistently accurate, I have owned about half a dozen. Now gotta find some appropriate optics, not trying to hit anything a mile off. <><Duce
    Typically I like red dots and low power optics like a 1-4x or a 1-6x for my ARs. However, I put a 3-12x on my .350 as I have some stands that sit over a 200 yard long field as well. A 3-9x40 would probably work great on the .350L.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I was going to suggest the Aero Precision 16" .300 AAC Blackout upper, albeit it doesn't have the A2 front sight block and handguards the OP wanted, and he was able to find the parts to build his own. Some of the reason for difficulty finding one that looks like an A2 upper is the optimal 5" pistol gas system in that caliber -- regardless of barrel length. You'll still get a bit more muzzle velocity at 16", but it's diminishing returns past about 11" or so. There's a couple videos on YouTube comparing barrel lengths in .300 Blackout. (Found mid-length gas works very well for 16" barrel 5.56x45 making the A2 style more prevalent.)

Has the .30 caliber version of an A2 flash hider. Doesn't include sights, BCG or charging handle. If I understand the full specs completely, it appears they're using a Ballistic Advantage barrel in them. Makes sense as Aero Precision and Ballistic Advantage are joined at the hip financially. Several variants regarding which specific Aero Precision Atlas handguard it has, including its length, and color (comes in black, FDE and perhaps some others). Price is significantly higher than a Palmetto State Armory. :) Nevertheless, it's less expensive than buying the same parts individually and building it yourself. Catalog photo is of the black one with 15" Atlas R-One floating handguard. They have one with a slightly shorter Atlas which has more barrel protruding from the end. I built two uppers from parts using Atlas R-One handguards mated with Aero Precision threaded uppers and Ballistic Advantage barrels. Very rigid and solidly attached with a unique barrel nut and clamping system. You can see the 5" pistol length gas system through the handguard, which is what should be used with the .300 Blackout. Upper receiver is the Aero Precision threaded angular "M4" style with forward assist.

apar700705m14_1.jpg

An alternative for anyone looking for a 16" off the shelf made with solid mid-tier parts. Aero Precision continues to impress me. I've been building with Next Level Armament DLC bolt carrier groups and basic Aero Precision charging handles. For iron sights on one like this, I'd consider Troy Industries full size flip-up. Knight's Armament are superb sights, but quite expensive now, especially the front sight. The MaTech are impossible to find now. Everyone has their own preferences regarding sights, especially red dot types.

Last edited:

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Now the 350 is finished. Showed it to my long time hinting partners. Upon inspection, one offerd an opinion. Over the years we've had sons, nephews, and a few others, out on their first deer hunts. Many with my old 336 in 30-30. No serious problems, but a few times there was confusion about cocking the hammer. Here we have a platform a liitle more modern. Operating system easily explained, low recoil, and ballistically similar to the 30-30, 300BlkOut, 350 Legend. Food for thought, for that first hunting rifle. 350 Lengend is legal on public land.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Is Yankee Hill Manufacturing still considered quality parts/brand?

Years ago I used to use their parts often. I haven't heard about them much nowadays.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I am in the process of making an 300blk SBR upper.
    It will be an AP unfinished upper with a Ballastic Advantage 8.5" barrel
    My AP lower is registered as an SBR and will get the upper mounted when it's completed.
    Not sure if that's what you are looking for or not.

Top Bottom