M&p shield plus mag issue. Anyone got any advice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dante1983

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    I hate to admit this but I dropped my shield plus 9mm a few weeks ago. Was in the kydex holster in my jacket pocket, fell out, hit the concrete garage floor. Idk if that was a factor on this issue or not honestly bc the magazine doesn’t get released often it is my edc. But I went to eject the magazine, and it released but I have to pull it out. Used to shoot out an inch or so then slide freely. Now it moves a little and has to be pulled out. Tried another magazine, same deal. Is this normal to anyone? Any advice?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Check the mag well for any damage or burrs. I think the polymer would be tough enough to stand up to that drop but I'm not positive.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just to make sure, as I've mixed mags up before also, load both mags to max and try them back to back. Mark each mag so you don't get them mixed up. Then make sure they both stick or not.

I'd tend to think that the mag took the blunt force of the drop and may have tweeked it just enough.

If both mags still stick, I'd give S&W a call.

Dante1983

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    Just to make sure, as I've mixed mags up before also, load both mags to max and try them back to back. Mark each mag so you don't get them mixed up. Then make sure they both stick or not.

I'd tend to think that the mag took the blunt force of the drop and may have tweeked it just enough.

If both mags still stick, I'd give S&W a call.
    They both stick. This sucks. One month late on the one year warranty. Lol

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have heard of guys with G****s putting a single layer of painters tape (I think) around thier mags, inserting them and adding a bit of heat to make them drop free. I wonder if that would work for you.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Sounds like the magazine catch is no longer the correct shape. Send it in or take it apart and examine the pieces.
    Great point, and thats an easy check. OP, have you determined at what point they begin to stick? Does it happen as soon as you start to insert the mag or does it happen farther up the chute?

Top Bottom