• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I’ve been noticing that it is next to impossible to find 17 round or even 15 round S&W M&P OEM magazines, especially compared to other popular Handgun magazines. Why is this?

I might have to buy another M&p just to get some more mags.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Some claim there is an advantage to using firearms with commonly available magazines....and stacking them deep.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Same issue for a long time with Shield Plus mags, but then after months they finally flooded the market about a month ago. Perhaps S&W is just behind? I don't know, but like you, I had seriously considered buying a second gun just for more mags. Thankfully when every site on the planet seemed to all get mags in stock I was able to pick 5 up. Hopefully the mags you seek will be in stock soon... :yesway:

JakeOver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2021
    Columbus
    I'll check around here i thought i just saw a few M&P mags at collectors last week. 7.62 Lancer mags were hard for me to find.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Some claim there is an advantage to using firearms with commonly available magazines....and stacking them deep.
    I hear ya. The M&p is plenty popular but not as much as Glock. I actually have some Glock 17 mags and I don’t even own a Glock. I call it Mag Currency.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    When I bought My S&W 422 no one had mags. I put in a bunch of "notify me" requests at various retailers. All of them sent me back in stock notifications in about the same week. I think S&W must have run a batch of the mags and then released them all at once? Anyway they will be back and I would suggest requesting email notices from anywhere you are comfortable buying mags from.

There are non-oem mags available for the M&P. You can find Pro-Mag and ETS mags in stock if you want range mags. I have had good luck with both brands. I have 2 pro-mags for my M&P that work fine and I used ETS mags when I had a Glock with no issues. I have had to clean some kind of grease/preservative from the Pro-Mags I have bought.

Here are OEM mags, but at a high price:

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    There are non-oem mags available for the M&P. You can find Pro-Mag and ETS mags in stock if you want range mags. I have had good luck with both brands. I have 2 pro-mags for my M&P that work fine and I used ETS mags when I had a Glock with no issues. I have had to clean some kind of grease/preservative from the Pro-Mags I have bought.

Thanks for all the links and suggestions. I have never tried ETS mags, but might have got get a few to try, especially with their pricing. As a general rule, I stay away from Promag products.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Smith and Wesson did over a BILLION dollars in sales last year. They simply can't keep up.

I stock thousands of magazines, and the S&W M&P magazines are among those that are pretty much unobtainable at the wholesale level. Probably about 5-8% of the magazines I usually stock have been out of stock for months (some over a year).

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I ended up ordering a 21 round ETS mag from Midway to try out.
    If anyone else is interested, they are on sale right now for $12 and they have free shipping if you spend $49

Top Bottom