• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Link please? What's the story? Or did Luger vote to the recent SENATE BILL on farm stuff that was posted here a few weeks back. More info would be appreciated then just a 1 liner. :faint:

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    That man has never shown on iota of care for this state or any town or city in it. It has either been what is best for his business or his cronies businesses and I will never understand why he keeps getting reelected.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'll have to give you a - 1 for just a off the wall statement with now facts
    this kind of posting is what brings a forum down

give us a story, Cause and Effect why he can influence

because I may read this as a good thing
    does this mean that Lugar voted for a more fiscally responsible policy that stopped subsidising ding dongs for fat welfare chicks

or is letting the free market determine corn prices

of did he vote for a tax on food which would be bad

Don't do stuff like this

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Ding ding ding!!! This man wins the prize!!

Part of my vague posting was to see how many people were actually aware.

The "Food safety Act" gives additional power to the FDA to regulate food at all stages of production.

What it will do is force farmers, slaughterhouses, processing plants, packaging plants, and grocery stores to comply with additional regulations. This will in turn increase the cost of business at all stages, with the end consumer shouldering the burden.

There is literally zero cause for this knee jerk reaction as well. The cases of food poisoning are very few and far between and adding regulation likely won't help what are accidental or negligent contaminations.

If it was a matter of process, then yes, regualtion might help. That however, is not the case.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'd be fine if the FDA would do their job as it stands. Adding more record keeping won't do ANYTHING if those records are never checked.

Remember the "bad eggs" a few months ago? Those henhouses hadn't been inspected, as per FDA rules, in YEARS. So what if the farmers keep better records? No one is looking until AFTER there is a problem.

Of course, we wouldn't need the FDA at all if producers could be trusted in the first place.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    If people put any thought into the food they bought, we wouldn't need the FDA.

People assume all food is safe because Uncle Sugar is there to protect us.

Safety nets just let us walk the tight rope with less fear. They don't keep us from falling.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'd be fine if the FDA would do their job as it stands. Adding more record keeping won't do ANYTHING if those records are never checked.

Remember the "bad eggs" a few months ago? Those henhouses hadn't been inspected, as per FDA rules, in YEARS. So what if the farmers keep better records? No one is looking until AFTER there is a problem.

Of course, we wouldn't need the FDA at all if producers could be trusted in the first place.
    Actually, the producers can be trusted. Just look at the evidence. We've already got one of the safest food supplies in the world. Are there hiccups, every now and then? Sure. But, most of the time they're caught fast and dealt with before anyone comes to harm. I'd say that speaks volumes in favour of the current system.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Is it the producers, or the current regulations? Some shady producers still try to game the system.

As for "putting thought" into the food I buy: until I have a pocket E. coli or Salmonella test kit, I'll need someone with better resources to screen the supply for me.

I want my food to be 'safe' (definitions may vary), but I also want limited .gov involvement. Somewhere those two lines intersect.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    It goes back to the house for reconciliation.

All in all, it's a done deal except for some last minute haggling in the House. Should be on the President's desk before the end of the year.

Top Bottom