• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Does anyone know if Ludco’s is selling powder or even open?
    (Sorry for bold and italics, will not respond properly)

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    That is what I heard, then seen on here that someone bought 209 primers there, maybe this summer.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wow. I'm not sure that I knew Fred had passed? Maybe my wicked step mom passed it along?

I spent a lot of time in my teenage years staring at metal stuff in that shop. Left a fair amount dollars in there also.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Federal Prison was hard on him.

Who wouldn't it be hard on, in your sixties?

Remember who sent Fred to jail? Joe Hogsett, running for another term as mayor of Indy. After not landing any Biden administration sweetheart spots like Buttigieg did. Joe used Fred to make is political bones, along with a few others.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Who wouldn't it be hard on, in your sixties?

Remember who sent Fred to jail? Joe Hogsett, running for another term as mayor of Indy. After not landing any Biden administration sweetheart spots like Buttigieg did. Joe used Fred to make is political bones, along with a few others.

How many ffl's sell to felons and are missing paperwork on 997 firearms with a atf audit?
    What did Fred sell that wasn't logged in his binders?
    I believe Fred was in his early 50's when he earned his time.
    He earned Federal Prison.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How many ffl's sell to felons and are missing paperwork on 997 firearms with a atf audit?
    What did Fred sell that wasn't logged in his binders?
    I believe Fred was in his early 50's when he earned his time.
    He earned Federal Prison.

I'm not saying he didn't. That is the government's side of the story.

IIRC though, Fred was "stung" by a government plant. Knowing the FBI and knowing Hogsett, there is reason for suspicion. Whole lotta self aggrandizing press releases by the anti-gun, Obama appointed, United States Attorney. The press was at Ludco at the same time as the army of feds.

We have learned a lot about the FBI being used for political purposes. A lot of our learning about how the feds work really came to light during those Obama years and the direction they were taken.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm not saying he didn't. That is the government's side of the story.

IIRC though, Fred was "stung" by a government plant. Knowing the FBI and knowing Hogsett, there is reason for suspicion. Whole lotta self aggrandizing press releases by the anti-gun, Obama appointed, United States Attorney. The press was at Ludco at the same time as the army of feds.

He had horrible books to start with. What 3,000 firearms in that house, one hundred that were not logged in, a thousand firearms that we know of that were sold with no paper work for starters and he was "stung" please
    If he wasn't dirty and had clean binders, the investigation never would have happened.
    He got off easy.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He had horrible books to start with. What 3,000 firearms in that house, one hundred that were not logged in, a thousand firearms that we know of that were sold with no paper work for starters and he was "stung" please
    If he wasn't dirty and had clean binders, the investigation never would have happened.
    He got off easy.

No doubt, Fred was a mess. Hogsett needed the notariety and found it, in Fred's mess.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Covid got him. Wanting know if some one opened up the shop and is selling supplies.

Yep Fred passed on Christmas Eve last year. I had bought a lot of handgun bullets from him early last year as he had a lot in stock mostly at pretty good prices. The shop was open on very limited hours earlier this year and I picked up a good supply of powder and bullets. Went by there last weekend as I was passing through Parker City and the note on the door window said they might be open again in June which obviously did not happen.

Last edited:

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I just passed through Parker City today, saw a Ludco sign on the corner as I drove down 32. Only thing I caught on the sign was "fishing bait and tackle", there was more under it that I didn't catch. I didn't turn around and stop in, so not sure if open.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Worked with guy that knew him well. Checked the website and those are terrible because last known update is unknown. So many places closed with active sites.

Top Bottom