• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I used to have a high opinion of Luck. Not so much now. If he wants to retire, retire. I get it. Retiring before the start of the regular season and leaving the rest of your team holding the bag..... not to mention all the fans expecting big things this season, now disappointed? Dick move.

A real dick move is bashing a guy for retiring before all the facts are known. Maybe doctors told him his current injury will never fully heal. Maybe they told him one more hit to the head will be the beginning of the end. Maybe Irsay screwed him over somehow. I'll reserve judgement until more information is given.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A real dick move is bashing a guy for retiring before all the facts are known. Maybe doctors told him his current injury will never fully heal. Maybe they told him one more hit to the head will be the beginning of the end. Maybe Irsay screwed him over somehow. I'll reserve judgement until more information is given.

^This^^^^^

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Pretty much unless there is more to this latest injury than we are aware.

First, I dont follow the sportsball teams. Just never was entertained by overpaid men sportsing. Now womens curling I can get behind. :naughty:

I keep seeing memes about how we went from a playoff team to last. Given his track record of injuries that take forever to heal and get him back in the game, I'd argue we werent as good to go as the front office would lead us to believe.

I'm not totally surprised by this move given the above. Not going to say I was smart enough to say I saw it coming, just that I am not at all surprised. Kinda like when your butch aunt who has never married, comes out as gay.

Especially not surprising when multiple stories are floated about his injuries. One person makes an official statement about an injury, then somebody else makes a comment about it being something else.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    The timing of his retirement certainly doesn't help the Colts, but how can you bash the guy? If his current injury happened early in the offseason, and it's not getting much better, how can you blame the guy for throwing up his hands and saying, "I've had enough", especially with his health history? If someone feels like they just have to be pissed off, get pissed off at Irasy, Pagano, and Grigson. They're the ones that damn near got the guy killed early on in his career.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The timing of his retirement certainly doesn't help the Colts, but how can you bash the guy? If his current injury happened early in the offseason, and it's not getting much better, how can you blame the guy for throwing up his hands and saying, "I've had enough", especially with his health history? If someone feels like they just have to be pissed off, get pissed off at Irasy, Pagano, and Grigson. They're the ones that damn near got the guy killed early on in his career.

This is the absolute truth in this entire matter. Ownership/management and Pagono are the sole reasons this man is beat the **** up. Pagono was in deep over his ability's. Worthless. Front office was as bad and what can you say about the ownership.

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I appreciate that he was playing for the love of the game. Of course he was well compensated. The pressure of being the franchise quarterback and not being able to work without pain or doubt would be most difficult. He gave us what he could and that will have to be enough. I wish him well. Being a long time Colts fan, I've gotten used to the bumps in the road.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Plus, Luck played to contact. From day 1 he told everyone he would put himself in that position. Unfortunately, much like Bob Sanders, it is fun to watch, but you're risking your longevity.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The timing is the only reason I'm bashing him. I don't fault him for his reasons, I fault him for leaving his teammates holding the ball. And sure there might be other factors we don't know about, and that may change my opinion, but I'm just speaking on what we know.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The timing is the only reason I'm bashing him. I don't fault him for his reasons, I fault him for leaving his teammates holding the ball. And sure there might be other factors we don't know about, and that may change my opinion, but I'm just speaking on what we know.

Unless he retired 10 years from now, there is no good timing. Would you have rather him done it next year when Brissett probably would’ve been gone? Any time he could’ve picked would’ve been perceived as bad timing.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Unless he retired 10 years from now, there is no good timing. Would you have rather him done it next year when Brissett probably would’ve been gone? Any time he could’ve picked would’ve been perceived as bad timing.

This is a good point, atleast this year brissett will be there to keep the boat afloat.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

So in other words, you're rushing to judgment. Got it.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana

I’ve got to agree. Apparently after “talking” to the front office, he came to the conclusion to retire. Then, apparently “someone” leaked the news. However, the news coming out during the preseason game was low class of the highest order. Whether Luck’s fault or the front office (read that as re: the timing it was a **** poor way to do it.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    For the most part, discussion here has been civil. I suspect the reason is that we're all less vested than Colts fans over at colts.com where things have gone ballistic with name-calling, tooth gnashing, hair pulling, etc. There are enough lunatics over there right now that I fear some unpleasantness may happen to our former QB, much worse than the booing at LOS last night. He may be run out of town on a rail. I'm a regular at colts.com, but not a member. I would feel pretty ashamed to be a member right now. I'll still support the Colts, but their "true" fans are showing their true colors right now and it's pretty pathetic.
    It's a game, nobody died, the sun's still going to come up tomorrow. I really feel sad for the guy. He has to walk away from his dream, be in pain, and still has to incur the wrath of people who don't understand what he's put up with.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    At the press conference last night it was stated that this latest injury happened at the Pro Bowl. Any muscle strain or high ankle sprain should have healed in six weeks without any rehab. It's now been six months and not healed. Either the Colts doctors all wear loin cloths and have bones through their noses or there is some underlying health issue that he is dealing with. Look at how much longer than expected his shoulder took to heal.

Top Bottom