• ...and so much more!
  • OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I remember the old form for LTCH had a whole back page for putting down the reason for needing it. I only wrote "Personal Protection" in that space. Always went trough.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    For my first Indiana LTCH (I think that it was 1976) .....the application had to include a letter from your employer, stating they were in agreement with your ​need !

Edit to add
    : I stated my need as "personal protection, due to carrying large sums of cash as part of my job" ...which was true.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I remember that as well. I listed "2nd amendment" and was denied. My attorney fixed it rather quickly...

I remember the old form for LTCH had a whole back page for putting down the reason for needing it. I only wrote "Personal Protection" in that space. Always went trough.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Often times, there is more to it than what is posted here. Will wait to see if the letter gets posted.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you have to be force fed PUDC or bacon ( ban Hatinsince 87) you don't share INGO values and should be relegated to a dark hot place.

Now for those that like pineapple on their pizza...

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    So... where's the letter? The crowd wants to know. Solution to the problem lies in the Indiana LTCH appeal process, unless the NICS background check is causing the issue, then it would be an appeal under that process. We really want to know the details.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    OP: If you think you have a legit case/gripe, contact the Law Offices of Guy Relford. He / his firm will, for a price, do a quite good job of getting this straightened out.

You do NOT need to tell your whole story truthfully here on INGO. If you hire a lawyer, you DO need to tell your whole story to said lawyer.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    OP: If you think you have a legit case/gripe, contact the Law Offices of Guy Relford. He / his firm will, for a price, do a quite good job of getting this straightened out.

You do NOT need to tell your whole story truthfully here on INGO. If you hire a lawyer, you DO need to tell your whole story to said lawyer.

You're right, of course, that he doesn't have to "tell his whole story truthfully here on INGO", but he also doesn't need to jump in with a tale of woe posting only part of the story, either.

The best answer, or comment, is that he might want to seek advice or counsel from a competent lawyer.

Challenger76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2020
    South Bend
    That last post was of my letter. I called isp today and they told me to appeal. I did NOT leave anything off my application fur those of you thinking I'm bsing you.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Time to call [STRIKE]Saul[/STRIKE] Guy Relford.

If I read this right (IANAL) you have a criminal record and/or mental adjudication you did not disclose. (Even if this happened when you were a minor, it still shows up I believe. Even though most criminal history reports leave those off, they can still be seen by ISP and count for things like this.) If this is not true, there has been a mixup with someone else with the same name possibly.

Good luck.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I only read the 1st page of the thread but will add this.
    I have an old & dear friend that has had very serious depression since early on & had taken meds since his 30s & is now nearly 70.
    He has been quite the hunter his entire life traveling out West to do big game hunting & has always carried.

On a humorous note, when I first applied for my carry license in this state I was declined & I immediately called about it.
    I was a boring school teacher of about 10+ years, so I knew it was a mistake.
    Before I got my teaching job in IN, I was working at St. Vincent's Stress Center at the time & whoever looked over my employment background must have thought I'd received treatment there instead of help giving it. :laugh:
    Best job ever b/c I got paid to talk to people :blahblah:; it was before I got my teaching job in IN.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Having read the read the letter the OP posted, I would definitely recommend getting a lawyer's help with any appeal. This definitely sounds a bit more complicated than taking some anti-depressants.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I have an old & dear friend that has had very serious depression since early on & had taken meds since his 30s & is now nearly 70.
    He has been quite the hunter his entire life traveling out West to do big game hunting & has always carried.

On a humorous note, when I first applied for my carry license in this state I was declined & I immediately called about it.
    Before I got my teaching job in IN, I was working at St. Vincent's Stress Center at the time & whoever looked over my employment background must have thought I'd received treatment there instead of help giving it. :laugh:
    Best job ever b/c I got paid to talk to people :blahblah:; it was before I got my teaching job in IN.

Know thyself ! :lmfao:

(I'm poking fun, but I'm a fan, Gary) :cheers:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    If I read this right (IANAL) you have a criminal record and/or mental adjudication you did not disclose.

Since it woudn't be INGO without speculation, I will...speculate...that it's quite possible the OP did not really understand what the final resolution of some long ago interaction with the judicial system really meant, and how "quiet" it would be kept. In Texas more than a few LTC applicants have stumbled over a deferred adjudication, where they were told that deferred adjudication was like probation without a conviction on their records, and if they kept their noses clean for a couple years the charge would go away and it wouldn't be considered a conviction. For most purposes. What they didn't realize is that while the deferred adjudication didn't show up on criminal histories run by employers and the person could legally put on employment applications that he had never been convicted, it DOES count as a conviction for the purposes of a LTC, and the DPS CAN see the deferred adjudication in their criminal history. So the person thinks it's OK to leave it off the LTC app, and subsequently gets their LTC rejected both for having a conviction and for leaving it off the application.

In any case, good luck.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OMGIH I can see you now with a complete.ly captive audience........:lmfao:

Top Bottom