• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Nice! Have you met Jason from campcraft? I met him years ago and he's a good dude.

Yes I have, and he is a good guy. He is super generous and a great instructor. I have taken 3 of his classes. He is an LTWK ambassador, and the guy who showed me the value of LT's designs. I have since purchased the 3 knives mentioned above, a Church Key tool, and 2 Fuse tools.

When my Next Gen arrives, I'll post a pic of everything in my collection.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Yes I have, and he is a good guy. He is super generous and a great instructor. I have taken 3 of his classes. He is an LTWK ambassador, and the guy who showed me the value of LT's designs. I have since purchased the 3 knives mentioned above, a Church Key tool, and 2 Fuse tools.

When my Next Gen arrives, I'll post a pic of everything in my collection.

I'm looking at taking my oldest to his Aug 3rd class. I first met him while taking a pathfinder basic class back in '14. I'm looking forward to catching up with him.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Very nice, thank you!

It's only fair that I return the favor. Here is an image of my Genesis (on the right, flat grind, 1/8" CPM 3V, green matte micarta) and my Battlehorse Smokey Mountain Razor (left, scandi, 5/32" O-1, green matte micarta). The kydex is from INGO member Slow Hand, who did a fantastic job of duplicating the leather sheaths that came with them. The Genesis is about as close as you can get to a "perfect" general purpose knife. The SM Razor is a wood processing beast! Committing the sin of batoning it through wood is almost pleasurable.

eXW1XTH.jpg

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I don't see any problem with batoning some wood. The cheapest Mora out there can do it if done within reason, so why shouldn't a knife costing $200 more than that be able to do it too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't see any problem with batoning some wood. The cheapest Mora out there can do it if done within reason, so why shouldn't a knife costing $200 more than that be able to do it too.

Quit applying logic and reason!! It's confusing the issue.

The bushcrafters on youtube who think you shouldn't baton with a knife will never let us forget how they feel about the issue.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Quit applying logic and reason!! It's confusing the issue.

The bushcrafters on youtube who think you shouldn't baton with a knife will never let us forget how they feel about the issue.

LOL, very true!

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    My LT Wright collection. Top to bottom-

Gen 5 in A2. Black paper micarta with toxic green liners

Bushcrafter HC in 1075. Red shadetree burlap micarta

Next Gen in AEB-L. Black paper micarta with natural liners. Just got it out of the mailbox. This is a "Keystamp" knife.

FUSE tool

CHURCH KEY tool

20190718_220641.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I took a couple of pictures, and maybe I can upload them later. Most were of my daughter and I.

Top Bottom