• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AEAMMO.COM

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    May 4, 2022
    Greenwood, IN
    We will have lots of .22 LR coming in next week.

Remington 36gr golden bullet 525 packs at $42.98 (Some already here)
    Remington Thunderbolt 500 count packs at $39.99

Lots of varieties of subsonic .22 LR as well.

We also have a skid of PMC 9mm that should arrive sometime next week which we'll be selling for $15.49/box of 50 (115gr fmj)

AEAMMO.COM

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    May 4, 2022
    Greenwood, IN
    So what is your forecast on pricing seems like other factors like shipping etc is going to keep prices higher than pre plandemic pricing.
    The truth is that the manufacturers have jacked up prices and the wholesalers are still taking advantage of the "shortage." Meaning, they are keeping prices high. PMC is the cheapest brass cased ammo we can get and we're not making hardly anything at the prices we are selling it at.

Places who can get direct from the manufacturer will have the best prices but some of those same places price their ammo at "MSRP" which is 40% over wholesale so likely a 50% markup on what they're getting it for. I do not see prices coming down for my cost. I see slight increases every now and then. Until Vista, Winchester, and the like decide that they have a surplus of product and need to move it they will not lower their prices to distributors. Some distributors sell at "fair" prices to dealers like us and some sell for higher than other retailers who get direct from MFG.

Assuming that nothing crazy happens in the next 6 months or we don't get some damaging "gun control" legislation passed I don't see things really changing drastically in the next few months. I am seeing a lot of 223/556 sales over the past three weeks and not seeing any low priced 223 / 556 ammo sit on the shelves / at the distributors like it was a couple months ago.

AEAMMO.COM

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    May 4, 2022
    Greenwood, IN
    I know prices have risen across the board, but those don't look like good prices for .22 to me.
    We have some of the lowest prices on ammoseek and I have not seen anything at a lower price locally outside of certain skus at Walmart where they were still getting ammo at a pre-price change price. Remington (Vista) has raised their prices to the point that we aren't really making much on this as is. The lowest price .22 LR on the market right now is Armscor and Aguila to my knowledge.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    We have some of the lowest prices on ammoseek and I have not seen anything at a lower price locally outside of certain skus at Walmart where they were still getting ammo at a pre-price change price. Remington (Vista) has raised their prices to the point that we aren't really making much on this as is. The lowest price .22 LR on the market right now is Armscor and Aguila to my knowledge.

Don't get me wrong.
    I didn't say that was not a current market price.
    My problem is, I've been buying .22lr for more than 50 years.
    I just can't bring myself to say those are "good" prices.

I haven't bought any .22's for something like 8-10 years.
    I bought a few boxes back then, and I only shoot 1k or so a year...:whistle:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Don't get me wrong.

Mgderf. I am in the same boat.

But we have to face it, the days of $6.99 for a 500 count brick of Remington .22 lr and $8.29 for a brick of target grade Winchester .22lr are way gone, those days are never coming back.

Sorry buddy.

AEAMMO.COM

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    May 4, 2022
    Greenwood, IN
    Mgderf. I am in the same boat.

But we have to face it, the days of $6.99 for a 500 count brick of Remington .22 lr and $8.29 for a brick of target grade Winchester .22lr are way gone, those days are never coming back.

Sorry buddy.
    It's one of those things where you have to ask what are we supposed to do? Gas just hit $5.25 a gallon today and what can you do about it? The people making hand over fist money are the people at the top and the little guys who are selling it, just like ammo, aren't making much at the end of the day but a lot of the time we get blamed / judged.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It's one of those things where you have to ask what are we supposed to do? Gas just hit $5.25 a gallon today and what can you do about it? The people making hand over fist money are the people at the top and the little guys who are selling it, just like ammo, aren't making much at the end of the day but a lot of the time we get blamed / judged.
    You are right, people take it out on who they can see.
    The customer also does not see the high wholesale prices or higher shipping costs. The customer does not see the cost of capital. They do not see the cost of higher property tax on the store building, or the higher cost of insurance. They just see empty shelves or higher prices, and blame both on the store keeper.

I was always amazed at the people in my town that will drive an hour to and from Indianapolis to save $20, all the time saying the local guy is a rip-off. Then they come in and want the local guy to sponsor the little league team.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I know your pain well AE. It's why I got out of the sporting goods game. It was mainly shooting sports / knives but my RMC was for the whole schmear. I've sold soccer balls and fishing junk in the past.
    I wish you good luck in that cut-throat business!!

Basher

Expert
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I remember back in the summer of 2004, I went to a gun show and bought a brick of Wolf Match Target .22LR for $40. When I got home, my father asked me what I paid for it, so I told him. His response? “They saw you coming a mile away!”

If I could back in time and buy as much match grade .22 as I possibly could have, I’d have made a kingly amount over the years. Time marches on, and inflation with it. I think the prices at AE are reasonable given our current economic climate!

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Don't get me wrong.

Give it another year or 2, and you will be able to bring yourself to say those are good prices. Be glad you stocked up!

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Top Bottom